Some more things

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

Hi People,
I finished these 5 Bottle Stoppers today, two of them are Eucalyptus obliqua, (Tassy Oak) and the other three are Tassy Myrtle, straight and figured.:)
I am also working on a piece of burl, Eucalyptus caesia va. caesia (Silver Princess). I was given this blank a couple of weeks ago and then last week the guy who gave it to me told me that he wanted to buy it back when I had finished. He had the burl in his shed for nearly 30 years and had planned to do something with it one day. You all know that feeling.
Talk about an Indian Giver.:confused:
Comments welcome.
Bob.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Nice, Bob. Concerning the burl, he did say he wanted to "buy" it back when you were done. So charge enough to cover your labor and expenses and consider it a sale.

Bob Wemm

Good idea, wonder how he would feel about that???????
I tried to core the centre out today but because of ALL the fissures in the piece I decided discretion was the best thing. Thought I might have a piece for him and a piece for me, BUT, sadly it is all shavings now. I have started the patching and will keep you up to date.
Bob.

ren-lathe

You could look at it this way if you were going to sell it anyway what difference who buys it. If it was something you planned on keeping then you have a decision to make.

Top Bottom