1st BangleGuy Bangle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Justturnin

Justturnin

I turned my first bangle from BangleGuy (Eric) last night. I picked up some of his older Stainless cores to play with before ruining my good cores. These older cores are a bit heavier than his new style and my intention was to turn them down on my new toy (Metal Lathe). I turned the side walls down to 3/32" and cut the height of the walls to 1/8". I left the steel more square and I like that look but I also like them they way to come. CA Finish but I need a few more coats now that I see it in the sun there are ridges. The wood is some stabilized River Birch with worm holes filled with Lapis. I also got some grease on the wood before putting the CA on and didn't notice that until this morning. This bangle may find itself in the Acetone to recover the core. It was more of a test of my turning the SS on the lathe which went all bad at first then went well. Learned some things about my lathe which is always a great thing.

If you have not made one of these you should try it out. They are a blast. My wife has already requested more.

C&C always welcome, good or bad just not hateful:wink:

2012-10-06%252012.21.48.jpg

2012-10-06%252012.21.15.jpg

PaulDoug

That looks awfully nice to me. I have to give one or two or three.. a try this winter. Can't say much for your wire holder though. Maybe a better looking piece of wire is in order....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom