SHOW US YOUR WORK SHOP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjenk02

Ken, your giving me a complex, my shop has NEVER been that clean.

Chris, I have 3 fire extinguishers in my shop, with a dirty shop you need more fire Extinguishers :D

stevers

Hey Ken, don't let them get to you. Thats a beautiful shop. A clean shop is an efficient shop. That actually makes me want to clean my own shop. I turned a blank and didn't clean it up.

ctwxlvr

Don't laugh to much, this is my corner in the spare bedroom of a three bedroom apartment, it is a work in progress, a true bench will come this summer when it is warm and dry enough to work outside.

2007310212115_shop%20corner.jpg

ctwxlvr

the box fans you are seeing are not what you are seeing along the wall is a mounted mirror from an old bed frame, so you are seeing double the number of box fans, and yes there was a sale at wally world last year $5 per fan, we live in the top floor of an old victorian apartment house, insulation whats that...

fiferb

As I was standing at my lathe and looking out the door I was looking at this picture and made me think of this thread. So, I thought I'd share. I did not clean or move anything for these pictures. This is my usual mess. My shop is in the basement which is also the garage which is in the back of the house.

This is the view from my lathe looking at wisteria and the lake across my back yard.
20073311451_View%20from%20Lathe.jpg

This is a better look of the lake from in the back yard.
200733114657_Better%20view%20of%20lake.jpg

This is standing at the garage door looking in.
200733114937_Standing%20at%20garage%20door.jpg

This is from the front of the shop on the right hand side looking toward the back.
2007331141220_from%20front%20of%20shop.jpg

And from another angle.
200733114132_another%20angle.jpg

This is from the back of the shop looking forward.
200733114116_from%20back%20of%20shop.jpg

And this is the biggest gloat. Sunset from the deck above the shop.

nset%20View%20from%20deck%20above%20shop%20resized.jpg

bnoles

Bruce,

Excellent shop, but I see the temptation calling of giving up woodworking and taking up fishing [}:)]

You have a dream shop for sure.

jthompson1995

I finally got around to taking some photos of my shop

And I've got a little bit of wood, too [}:)]

Some still needs to be cut up

And I didn't get a chance to take pics of the 100 lb cherry burl, spalted red oak burl, boxwood and apple that's outside.

jthompson1995

Originally posted by hanau

where can i find the clips that you have hanging on the board that have your bushing in them?

They are plain shower curtain rings I got at HD at $1.50 for a dozen. I labeled each ring and they just hang on pan head screws in the masonite board.

its_virgil

Those are metal shower curtain rings. Here is a closeup for you. Got mine at one of the big box home centers.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200744162828_bushings%203.jpg

Originally posted by hanau

where can i find the clips that you have hanging on the board that have your bushing in them?

jthompson1995

Originally posted by its_virgil

Those are metal shower curtain rings. Here is a closeup for you. Got mine at one of the big box home centers.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

https://www.penturners.org/olduploads/its_virgil/200744162828_bushings 3.jpg[/img}[/quote]

So that's who I <s>stole</s> borrowed the idea from, thanks Don. (It works great by the way.)

PenPal

Starting at the end of my workshop my most valued Hercus Metal Lathe made in 1967,I use it to modify live centres,drill and cut Cartridges,make spacers and more,it is used most every working day in the workshop.

2007469244_DSCF0003.jpg

PenPal

Two Woodfast Bowl Lathes.Right hand one has out board attach variable speed control,really solid lathe.Rear similar but lathe not raised as high with a built on 14 inch disk sander outboard and narrow jaws to drill Corian etc.

20074695656_DCP_2187.jpg

PenPal

Dedicated drill press,note double Vee horizontal and vertical.I use the vertical to drill blanks with X and Y axis and the blank in the horizontal Vee to ream the end of blanks with brass in after facing on the 14 inch sander on the Woodfast lathe outside.

200746102411_DCP_2145.jpg

PenPal

Vicmarc Vl100 dedicated for pens mounted on a steel welded shop made sit down bench(most comfortable)Fitted with aftermarket variable speed control vac cleaner wet dry type under thru the rails shop made tool rest to reach the pen made necessary to get around the vac tube.Shop made live centre with brass insert drilled for snug fit on the mandrel(no wobbles here)holds about 1/2 an inch of shaft,tension from the tail stock.The collet mandrel is locked in to the head stock by threaded rod in the thread already cut in these 2 morse taper units. Sit down enables me to use a bearing press to assemble pens on a stand next to the lathe at eye height to make square presses.

Will one day take pics all round,my workshop is double garage with two extensions single garage size out front plus numerous sheds etc.

5656_Test%20Photos%20with%20Digital%20Camera%20023.jpg

PenPal

John,been fascinated since the seventies with wood,after collecting and making my first wood lathe my wife said I would be dissapointed when I got to turning rather than remanufacturing,modifying,testing.I have been really dissapointed at the way woodworking machinery is made compared with metal machines but where there is a will it can be made better and more precise.I really feel for the retailers when mingy buyers like me can not get a rolls royce for another make for a song,the discussions for example on live centres,design of live centres,shafting on pen mandrels,when you buy simply roll them on a flat surface,measure your drills before you buy ,check the shaft sizes taking a pen brass to feel how loose or firm etc.Have fun Peter

Bruce,
I think wysteria is my favorite flowering plant.. probably goes back to my grandparents place.. they had one that completely engulf a kataba tree, and spread across the yard into a huge old cedar.. the branches on the wysteria were big enough that my dad put a swing on one for my younger sister... he put mine and my older sister's in the kataba.. so we wouldn't fight over the swings..

with that set up, you need to custom turn a couple of rod handles and then "test" them off that dock.. very nice view.

Top Bottom