Anyone bought and used the PSI...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

I'm using one on my Jet and it works great for me. I had to purchase a collet for the B mandrel since that size is not included with the kit. I wish it wasn't quite so large but no complaints as to how well it works for me.

SuperDave

Cav,

Do you use the adapter? I was wondering if there might be an increased chance of compounding any runout by adding an adapter... I would like to move it between my Fisch (1x8) and my Powercraft (1.25x8) but would need to use the adapter...

Thanks!

Randy_

No can do, Dave.

The PSI collet chuck body is threaded to fit a 1"x8 spindle and comes with an adapter so it will work with a 3/4"x16 spindle.

But you might check the PSI catalog as they do make some other headstock adapters. I don't know if they make a 1-1/4"x8 to 1"x8 adapter which is what you would need. IIRC, their adapters run about 20 bucks.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Randy_

No can do, Dave.

The PSI collet chuck body is threaded to fit a 1"x8 spindle and comes with an adapter so it will work with a 3/4"x16 spindle.

But you might check the PSI catalog as they do make some other headstock adapters. I don't know if they make a 1-1/4"x8 to 1"x8 adapter which is what you would need. IIRC, their adapters run about 20 bucks.

They do and it is about $15.00 through Amazon.

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
I have a Jet. I haven't measured for run out but I haven't detected any. The other day when I was trying to turn a pen and noticed my mandrel had a wobble at the tailstock, I used it with that same mandrel to turn one blank at a time and they came out fine.

Top Bottom