Red Tube? Drill bit? WTH is that?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LagniappeRob

I'm in need of a 35/64" bit... ( Side note, why can't there be a little more commonality between all the sizes we need? )

Anyway, I found this one: Bosch BL2162 35/64-Inch Black Oxide 1/2-Inch Red - Amazon.com

Decent brand, not a bad price and I have Prime so it would be here Wednesday.

But I read this:

35/64" Black Oxide with 1/2" Red (Tube) Bit

1st part I got... but "with 1/2" Red (Tube)" ... qu'est que c'est????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LagniappeRob

I thought about a 9/16 (1/64 larger). Closest I have on hand. If I'm going to buy one, might as well be the right size.

I'm hoping that just means it comes in a red plastic tube. Pic looks like a normal bit to me. The wording is throwing me. "35/64" Black Oxide with 1/2" Red (Tube) Bit", I think I would have wrote 35/65" Black Oxide Bit with red tube case" or something like that IF that's what they mean... I don't care what size case, and why put "Bit" at the end. And why is tube in parentheses?

Last edited:

LagniappeRob

It will come in a nice new red tube.

1/2" is the shank size. The picture is a stock photo of a different sized bit.

True it' can't be a 1/2" red tube... it wouldn't fit. I didn't even think about that. I assumed it was a 1/2" shank when I saw the pic. I think the description writer needs to reword it a bit. I searched for the part number and notice several websites have the same description. Guess it came from Bosch that way.

I bit... (pun intended - I need something to make my day a bit lighter...) So we'll see Wednesday.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Red stands for "reduced " So it could be infered that Red tube is reduced shank which is what it shows.

Added to; I doubt the description was originally written in English and the end result is from translation software.

Last edited:
Top Bottom