razor and shaving brush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ranchonodinero

I ordered some of Anthony's shaving head kits and brushes the other day (from www.thegoldennib.com) and turned a "prototype" set. First time I've turned a razor and shaving brush. Anthony has a "how to" on his site.

Attachments

• 436037750_cjZLG-M.jpg
    436037750_cjZLG-M.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 436037909_xRbJ6-M.jpg
    436037909_xRbJ6-M.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 209
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

You done very well on this set, I did a while ago a brush too and I can tell you that no body as to use it or touch it love my budger shaving brush Anthony got th best, as for the razor I think we can't find double edger blade here any more so I use my normal razor:frown:

Thanks for the comments-the wood is a laminate used in the construction of gunstocks. The trade name is dymond wood. It has a lot of resin in it and is water resistant. Turns easily and takes a nice polish. I posted some images of stoppers I made on another thread. Now to find some soap and a shaving mug.

There are several on-line vendors selling them. Not sure how much lower you could get them-there are probably lesser quality brushes out there. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this particular brush-it was the least expensive one Anthony sells and it is very nice with a quality knot.

ahoiberg

great work. where did you get the razor part?

as for those asking about badger knots, the only place to get them wholesale is through china (where almost all of them are made i believe), which if you're doing it on a consistent basis is probably fine but it's a PITA to do it once.

I got the razor mechanism from Anthony at the golden nib. I did manage to locate some of the double edge heads, but alas, they were in the UK and shipping made it cost prohibitive. I've got some soap coming and I've got several bowl blanks-what would be a good finish for something that will get damp and be around water. I don't have any teak!

fernhills

I think the only thing that would hold up with the water would be a hunk of acrylic or trustone. I have been doing the brushes and they are fun to make. I got to check out Anthony for the razor heads.

ahoiberg

yeah, that wood will get more than damp when you start creating lather in it. i'd just get me a mug from the kitchen and use that. :)

Top Bottom