PSI shipping woes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtyler8140

I placed an order for 4 Big Ben kits last Wednesday (5/20) evening and selected their economy ground shipping. In the past I've always had my order shipped within a day and delivered within 3 days of ordering (I'm in virginia). I got an email saying the order had shipped this Wednesday (5/27) and now that I can track it, it didn't ship until the 28th. I understand Monday was a holiday, but 5 business days to ship a package? I need these pens for a customers wedding and my back is up against the wall with the timing. I should have ordered from exotic blanks, but wasn't sure if their kit was the same as the Big Ben as that is what the customer requested. Do I have any recourse in this situation, or just chalk it up to lesson learned?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

There shipping is know to be slow although sometimes they will surprise you.

That is darn slow. But honestly if you were on a time frame you shouldn't have chosen the economy.

Te problem is that it puts you 3rd in line behind those who pay for expedited and those who pay for regular shipping.

low_48

Maybe the real lesson is order plenty early, or something other that the cheapest delivery. 3 day delivery from economy ground seems like a gift. Shipping these days can be through so many different suppliers. I can't say with full certainty, but it seems like items that I thought were coming UPS now are delivered from the mail man. Maybe it was Fed Ex, but it was definitely the mail man delivering. They even come around on Sunday if you pay enough for the shipping.

JimB

Even though PSI doesn't have the greatest reputation for quick shipping I think you did this to your self. Economy shipping going into a holiday weekend for items you need for an order is a mistake regardless of the company you are ordering from.

mikedealer

I ordered once. Took like 5-6 days to ship, when I called they said what I had ordered was like out of stock but was supposed to come to them a day or two after I ordered, it took like 5 days. Wasn't too upset or anything. So instead of backordering it on me, they just delayed shipment.

rtyler8140

Yeah that's kinda what I figured. Should have paid the extra few dollars to ship it quicker. I'll still be able to get my order out in time, was just getting impatient and nervous. Thanks for the insight!

BJohn

Real lesson here 'USE SOME OTHER THEN PSI' Used then once a couple of years back. OOPS. They are last on my to buy anything from.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I placed an order for 4 Big Ben kits last Wednesday (5/20) evening and selected their economy ground shipping. In the past I've always had my order shipped within a day and delivered within 3 days of ordering (I'm in virginia). I got an email saying the order had shipped this Wednesday (5/27) and now that I can track it, it didn't ship until the 28th. I understand Monday was a holiday, but 5 business days to ship a package? I need these pens for a customers wedding and my back is up against the wall with the timing. I should have ordered from exotic blanks, but wasn't sure if their kit was the same as the Big Ben as that is what the customer requested. Do I have any recourse in this situation, or just chalk it up to lesson learned?

By way of clarification, Dawn and I were amused when we got a notice from PSI that said they would be closed FRIDAY AND MONDAY for Memorial Day. So, yes we were here all four days (Friday, Saturday, SUNDAY and MONDAY). Now, we were at the mercy of the USPS and UPS, so the orders we received late Saturday through Monday went out on Tuesday.

BUT the orders we got late Thursday through about Saturday noon were shipped (don't know if the late ones made it past Milwaukee, but they were NOT here).

YES we ARE getting bigger---there are MORE packages to ship. But we always want to act like a very SMALL company---filling YOUR needs, when YOU want, NOT when it is most convenient!!

We hope that has a value, just as we would like to think all the "tips" we have given on IAP have a value. We welcome ALL of you to experience the "Exotic" attention you deserve!!

Ed & Dawn

Michael67

Maybe the real lesson is order plenty early, or something other that the cheapest delivery. 3 day delivery from economy ground seems like a gift. Shipping these days can be through so many different suppliers. I can't say with full certainty, but it seems like items that I thought were coming UPS now are delivered from the mail man. Maybe it was Fed Ex, but it was definitely the mail man delivering. They even come around on Sunday if you pay enough for the shipping.

Hey Rich, Your question about who delivered your packages(UPS,FedX or Mailman) it was one of the first two that possibly took the parcel first. UPS and FedX have SmartPost and SmartMail these are parcels that are drop shipped to the nearst USPS for finally delivery. We are called the "Last Mile Delivery" because we go by your address every day regardless of the mail volume. At this point in time, if UPS and FedX tried to deliver everthing in one day they wouldn't make it or atleast before midnight. Which is a good thing for them and us. Mike the MailMan

Top Bottom