hmmmm, should I?

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• 2011-08-26 16.30.29-1.jpg
    2011-08-26 16.30.29-1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Wow that is a real challenge, If anyone can accomplish that it would be you. I would to see sll of the lettering cut out.:eek: I am trying to convince the LOML that I really need a Utah Flag and coin set. My b'day was yesterday and I was hoping that she would tell me to order the set.

bitshird

Seamus, William Henry Harrison really?? what about Jefferson or Washington?? or aren't they available yet? Are the presidential coins gold clad like the Susan B. and the Sacajawea?

ohiococonut

Seamus, William Henry Harrison really?? what about Jefferson or Washington?? or aren't they available yet? Are the presidential coins gold clad like the Susan B. and the Sacajawea?

Jefferson & Washington came out in 2007 in the first series of four. Yes they are gold clad but in the condition he's showing it might be worth 25cents more.

I say go for it and just raise the price a buck :biggrin:........... j/k

Seriously that one has no collector value and it should fit the larger tubes easily.

burgerman

As an FYI as to the origin of the coin, I got to meet Seamus today at the SWAT symposium in Waco. He's a great guy, and I also got to see several of his Tru-Quarter pens in person, and they are amazing! I happened to have this gold-colored dollar coin in my truck, so I took it in to see if Seamus might be interested in working his magic on it. I guess we will see!! ** Personally, I kind of like the flip side of the coin a little better. It's got a nice image of the Statue of Liberty on it. Great to meet you Seamus. I hope you enjoy the rest of the symposium.

seamus7227

This is actually the side of the coin that I meant to post, sorry. Frank Burger (burgerman) handed it to me tonight and made the suggestion, thought I would give it a whirl! Frank thanks for letting me talk your ear off.

I think with this coin I'm debating whether our not to remove the $1

Any comments, good or bad, would love to hear opinions.

Attachments

• 2011-08-26 22.51.02-1.jpg
    2011-08-26 22.51.02-1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 122

seamus7227

dang spell check isn't working out so well on this swype to text, sorry everyone, I do know how to spell. Frank, as I was writing my last post I didn't see yours. It was also a pleasure to be able to visit with you!
Thanks got the challenge of the dollar coin!

burgerman

Also, I forgot to mention, Seamus took the photo of the coin with his smart phone in the macro mode, cropped it, and then posted it to to the IAP, all with the phone, in probably less than one minute! Pretty impressive. I need to download the Forum Runner app!

As for what to cut out, I think maybe it would look good with all the middle cut out, including the $1, and just leave the the words on the outer rim, and of course the Statue of Liberty. Just my 2 cents worth. I'm sure it would look good either way, though.

seamus7227

Sweeeeeeet! thats what I'm gonna do then. But it might be some time before I can get to it, gotta finish up everyone's orders first when I get home!

Phunky_2003

I didn't do it for pen stuff that's your cup of tea. When I was heavy into scroll saw work I made jewelry cutting coins. I'll see if I can locate some pics. I haven't tried doing a pen, I remember all to well the time put into cutting the coins and shaping and detail work going into something like that. All this was several years ago I haven't used my scroll saw except for a few things I've done recently for youthministerdan. Before that I'd say I haven't used it in over 2 years except for vibration table while casting lol.

Top Bottom