Predator game call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HawksFeather

HawksFeather

Since there have been a few game calls posted I thought that I would share one that I finished. I have been reading the posts in the photography section and thought I would give it a try with a black background and mirror base.

AmboyniaCallFramed.jpg

Jerry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

good craftpersonship..good wood combo..fancy photography...now if we could just get a "season" on those thievin' CEO's & bankers and call them in.....:):eek::) Looks like this call would do the job!

HawksFeather

Woods - I should have posted that. Amboynia Burl with Blackwood (tongue and grooved) on the top and bottom of the call body. The mouthpiece is Blackwood, is removable, and held in place by O-rings. For those who might not know, the O-rings allow the woods to expand and contract due to temperature changes when going from inside to outside and also the increased moisture that could be in the call from condensation.

Thanks for the comments.

Jerry

Hey Jerry,
I just went to your web site... gorgeous work there... How are your sales on the calls... I've done a few duck calls, deer grunts and elk bugles... sales have been hit & miss ...

Love the grand kids.... if you're selling grand kids, I'll take two...

HawksFeather

Chuck,

Thanks. You went to the pen site. Here is one for the calls. http://www.hawksfeathercustompredatorcalls.com/

Call sales really vary and most don't make it to the website to be considered "for sale".
Like this one.
CherryBurl.jpg

I have gone to more of the collector end of the call business since there are many $15 call makers turning out calls. Nothing wrong with a $15 call, but I really enjoy finishing and making calls out of "higher end" woods and I am not going to spend 4 to 6 hours on a call, have $15 in wood, and then sell it for $15. Now with that being said, I have given away many calls - usually to kids. I just do that because I like to and don't care about the cost. There are not many makers of predator calls that could make a living from making and selling predator calls. Duck calls are a little different in that many of them sell for much higher prices.

Not selling the grandkids, but my daughter and her husband might be willing to give you one for about a year. Toby is 2 and is getting really good at saying, noooooooo!

I just went to your website and it looks like you are going to need to be turning some calls.

Jerry

Top Bottom