??? Preasure Pot??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

OK I want to finally put this pressure pot I got from HF about 6 months ago together and use. I know this has been talked about various times and I looked in the library for pictures but if someone can give me info as to where to find such topics or explain what I need to do from start to finish to get this pot in working order to do just pressure for i want to cast resin blanks. What parts do i need??? A picture is worth 1000 words to. I appreciate all the help and thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

There is an awesome tutorial in the library complete with pictures and step by step and a parts list of what you need. I can't remember the title but it's there. I haven't bought my pressure pot yet so I can't be of much help to ya.

jttheclockman

Yes that is one I saw but it use the combination of pressure and vaccuum and I just want the pressure at least for now.

rjwolfe3

I think (but don't quote me) that it tells you how to do it with just pressure. But it has been awhile since I read it so I could be wrong.

jttheclockman

There was someone in here that put together a tutorial or a group of photos of just a pressure pot and I saved it to an older computer and now I can't find it. I was hoping someone would recognize the request and repost. I probably can get info from that tutorial but somehow I thing he overdid it and I don't need all the tubing and stuff.

jttheclockman

Edman thanks for that link. That is a big help and I happen to agre with Don Ward in that one. I want simple as simple can get. When you have your built are you doing both pressure and vaccuum??? Would like to see it. You can email me if you like. thanks.

stevers

My tutorial does not have a section for pressure alone. There are several older posts with info on doing a pressure only system. I know for sure FirefighterEMT has a simple inexpensive system for press only. It's really quite simple to do. Just look at some of the photos in the archives and go to the parts store for the stuff. As long as everything is put together securely and seals well, it's a fairly fool proof system. Last year, we had a member try to blow up a pot on purpouse and did not succeed. He put incredible pressure on it and it held together. Logic tells you the weak points will be the fittings. Just be thoughough with your construction and you should be fine. And when you are done putting it together, do a pressure test in stages to be sure it will hold.
Hope this helps.

rherrell

Here's what I did.......
attachment.jpg

This is for pressure only. You can see the plug on the lid and the plug on the right side of the regulator. That's all there is to it. I use the pressure relief valve manually to let the air out. Real simple and it's worked great for over 2 years.

Attachments

• 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 158

Daniel

Just some info about testing that something holds pressure. Keep in mind that this is in regard to testing gas lines which cannot be allowed to leak at all ever for any reason. You do a high pressure test which is whatever pressure the line is rated to carry. and it has to hold this pressure perfectly for 24 hours. then you do anouther test at just a couple of pounds of pressure. this is because at low pressure pipes joins etc will relax (move) and small leaks can open up. of course we do not need perfect seals but it is nice to know that a pot that works great at 15 P.S.I. could be a total failure at 5 P.S.I.

Daniel

Oh hear is anouther idea for those that do not own a compressor. the way we always applied pressure to gas lines, at least short runs. was with a bicycle tire pump.
oh did the demand for pots just go up he he.

Top Bottom