PITH Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JayDevin

Pith for LanceD

I told Lance that I wass going to make him a pen, as a thnaks for organizing this. So I did, this is it, Walnut From CA, finished with CA/BLO

the photo is not great but Hopefully Lance will take a better one, I was in a rush to get it in the mail and I did not expect to be posting this one!

Lance enjoy!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC00159.jpg
    DSC00159.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 140
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

Jay. thanks very much for the pen. It came out great and the fit and CA finish is perfect. I wish I could take a pic of it. I sold my camera a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't replaced it yet .

stevers

Here is the pen I made for Scoutharps (Valerie). A Jr. Retro in Amboyna burl with a home brewed turquoise PR and giftcards (white). This was a fun pen to make and provided many new challenges (Drilling in line with the stripe, replacing the centerband, custon finial, Closed end (although I've done a few of these already)). Its fitted with one of Lou's Heritance SF fine nibs. I made the body of the pen as short as possible to still fit the long ink cartridges or the ink pump. From what I've heard Valerie likes the pen.

Mike

That is a fantastic piece of work. I'm at a loss for words, and that's unusual. Just when I think I've seen it all, someone comes in with something like this.
Super job!!

Jim15

I received my PITH from Louis Bryant (louisbry). I hit the jack pot. I received a cigar pen made from some historic wood, walnut from Gen Braggs headquarters in Tullahoma, Tn during the Civil War. I also received a great segmented pen made from walnut,cherry/wenge/african blackwood. The fit and finish are beautiful. Sorry I can't take better pictures because the are both fabulous pen. Thanks Louis.

Attachments

• PITH 2008.jpg
    PITH 2008.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 106
  • PITH 2008-2.jpg
    PITH 2008-2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 115

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Really disappointed!!

I sent Rob Grauke (great12b4ever) his pen. All he got was a big white envelope from the Post Office telling him how sorry they were that the package got damaged in the mail. The pen was in a bubble wrap envelope with a pen box with my card inside so I doubt it was damaged so bad they could not have returned it. Someone got a real nice pen.

Here is the pen he would have gotten. The top of the pen is from a blank I won at the Birthday Bash from Keith Larrett (VisExp). We don't talk about what happened to the bottom of that gift blank.:frown: I will send Rob another pen even though he insisted that I not do that. It's never wrong to do the right thing! I will pack this one better however.:)

Attachments

• 100_0551.jpg
    100_0551.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_0553001.jpg
    100_0553001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_0554001.jpg
    100_0554001.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 126

Hayseedboy

Man! Sorry to hear that.

I got to hold this one guys it was a nice one, well I'm sure it still is.

Might be appropriate to check the P.O. employees at both ends of this one.

lr

Nolan

PITH pen for Nancy Laird

Well this is the pen I made for Nancy. She was very nice to photo the pen for me because I forgot to do it before I sent it to her. It is Cocobolo burl on a TN gold Sierra. All comments welcomed good or bad.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• My pen from Nolan 002.jpg
    My pen from Nolan 002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 214
  • My pen from Nolan 003.jpg
    My pen from Nolan 003.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 211

broitblat

A beautiful PITH

I was fortunate enough to receive this beautiful Rosewood Burl Baron that was put in the hat by Angela Boykin (angboy). :biggrin:

1_AB_Rosewood_Burl.jpg

The wood/blank is stunning and the penmanship appears flawless. I am very excited to add this to my collection.

-Barry

Darley

My 2008 PITH for Russ Fairfield

This is the pen I send to Russ Fairfield, WA Lace Shea Oak, Holly & African black wood accent with Opal finial, beside the tube and refil mechanism is a 7m/m nibless and closed end pen

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• pith08n.jpg
    pith08n.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 307
  • pith08k.jpg
    pith08k.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 297
  • pith08l.jpg
    pith08l.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 305
  • pith08m.jpg
    pith08m.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 301

angboy

Pen from redfishsc

This is the beautiful aluminum pen I got from redfishsc. It's absolutely beautiful, shiny and smoothe as glass, and has a great weight to it. It's inspired me to want to turn the aluminum pen blanks I bought probably two years ago! Plus he was quite generous with a bunch of awesome pen blanks he threw in. The whole PITH experience has just been great everytime I've done it and thanks to redfishsc for being a great PITH partner! The picture doesn't do it the justice it deserves, but hopefully it gives something of an idea of the beauty of the pen!

Attachments

• PITH August 2008 redfishsc Matt M.jpg
    PITH August 2008 redfishsc Matt M.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 124

les-smith

Redbud Burl pen made for Buzz (Chris)

This is the PITH pen I made for Buzz (Chris). It's made from Redbud burl and I think it is the first Redbud burl pen posted on the IAP.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Redbud Burl Closed.jpg
    Redbud Burl Closed.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Redbud Burl Open.jpg
    Redbud Burl Open.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 286

Buzz

Thanks Les for the beautiful pen (and other goodies). And thanks too for posting the images for me. I've been in the process of installing a new computer in the store, and between getting our Point Of Sale system moved, and sorting out the usual problems associated with setting up email etc. we've been without that PC for a couple of days. This one at home I have to compete with a couple of kids for!

Great pen, thanks again Les.

Celt40

Pen received from Bear31

I received my pen today from Bear31 ( Belton ).
It's a Platinum Cigar in Cocobolo finished in CA Glue.

Also Belton kindly sent me a CHALLENGE COIN from his current duty station US Navy.

Many thanks Belton i will keep this one special.

DERMOT (celt40)

PITHPen2-2.jpg

PITHPEN-1.jpg

fritz64

i am unable to post pics so here is the start of 1000 words. ireceived this absoloty? full size gent pen in alt. ivory from T-BONE. it is overwheling. it will have center stage in my modest collection. thank you t-bone for the GREAT pen and the blanks. fritz64

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
After the PO lost the first one........

I finally received my pen from Russ.
One of his custom pens in bloodwood. Sorry about the bad pict, doesn't do the pen justice. Really need to get a better camera than than my little PHD camera.

Attachments

• 9-06 003.JPG
    9-06 003.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom