PITH Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SuperDave

Fred,

Thanks, I don't know what else to do but wait. I have a duplicate blank I cast and could turn if the pen was lost but...

I checked out the site but needed to register to contact him. The last thing I need to do is register for one more site... just to see if my PITH arrived.

If you cross paths with him, and wouldn't mind, please let him know to contact me.

Thanks again Fred,

D

Last edited:

stoneman

Gagler to Stoneman

This is the pen that Gagler made for me in the PITH swap. I think it is really great. Michael did a very nice job on the pen and I love the story behind the wood. I'll use his words so as not to screw this up...

"The blank is from a 150 year-old quarter-sawn Sycamore that came from an old barn in Xenia, Ohio, which served later as the first established Soldiers' and Sailors' Orphans' home in Xenia, Ohio. The Home, located in Xenia, Ohio, was founded in 1869 by the Veterans of the Civil War. The barn served the Orphans' Home through the Osso family. Later, the farm became a place of learning for the children as well as a source of income and food. The Home officially closed its doors in 1995. The history of this place was quite significant to orphans of military personnel for almost 100 years."

What a fabulous story and such a great gesture on Michael's part for the PITH. It happens to hold a bit of extra meaning for me as one of the people I worked with about ten years ago was called up to serve in Iraq with his guard unit. Sergeant Kevin Sheehan, 36, of Milton, Vermont was killed while working at the coalition base Kolsu about 25 miles south of Baghdad. He left behind a wife and two young children. It is meaningful to me that people as far back as the Civil War helped to look after the children of those who served their country. I'll be hanging on to this pen, remembering Gagler's generousity and the sacrifices our armed service members have made throughout history.

Thank you very much Michael for the pen and the history.

Steve

Attachments

• PITH Gagler 0708.jpg
    PITH Gagler 0708.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 147

jthompson1995

PITH pens

Here's my pens from the PITH.

First is the Birch Bark Cigar I got from DocStram:

IMG_6264.jpg

And this is the cross-cut black and white asian ebony I made for dntrost:

IMG_6261.jpg

This one surprised me a bit in that the wood shrank almost 1/16 inch on either end within 12 hours after I assembled it. I though the blanks were a bit wet when I bought them, but let them sit in my shop for over a year to air dry before I turned any of them. I was a little surprised to see it move so much, so quickly. Anyway I was able to disassemble and trim the tube to eliminate the gap.

This pen was also the first I used the true beall buffing system on. I should have gotten it much sooner, the gloss is so much higher than with the previous wheels and compounds I used. The pen actually has no finish applied, just sanded to 2400 MM and buffed with all three wheels. The shine is nearly that I could get on CA or acrylic with my old wheels. I can't wait to see what they'll look like now.

I received my PITH pen today from 1080Wayne, an absolutely beautiful (!) gold Sierra Click pen, done in an alumilite cast of CANOLA SEEDS!!! I wish I could post a picture of this pen, but I can't take decent pics, and don't know how to get them from the camera to the computer even if I could take them! So you'll have to take my word for the fact that this is an extremely fascinating pen. Thank you, Wayne, and I'm very sorry I can't post a picture.

fstepanski

My PITH for Scotty. Also placed pic in the PITH Gallery. My first attempt at swirling PR, and only 2nd closed end. I initially had a different pen in mind for Scotty, but when I seen his return address was Hookie Ville, I just had to go with this one.

Recieved my pen from GoodTurns, very sweet!! This was a GREAT idea and much fun.

Attachments

• Swirl 2.JPG
    Swirl 2.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Swirl.JPG
    Swirl.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 109

LanceD

This is my pen sent to Alicia Wolfe. A chrome Baron fountain pen, closed end design on both ends.

Attachments

• 100_1403-1.JPG
    100_1403-1.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_1404-1.JPG
    100_1404-1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 136

Roy_Quast

The pen I recieved from Lwalden

This is the pen I recieved from Lyle Walden and I love it......it even has my name on it!!!!! It is a pattern of the Texas flag....which the two of us are from, the GREAT state of TEXAS!!!!!! The fit and finish are perfect. It really shows that Lyle knows his craft. I am very proud to now own one of his remarkable pens.

Thank you so much Lyle.......
Roy

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

lwalden

Roy- Great picture, thanks for putting it out there! I was kicking myself that I forgot to take pics before I shipped it. Just one fyi- with the threads allowing multiple starting positions, there's only one spot that ends up with the lower barrel's colors lined up correctly (With the bloodwood on the bottom, instead of on the top as it is in the picture). I know from experience it take a few times to get in the habit of starting the threading in the right position to end up with everything lined up right. Enjoy!!

bmac

"PITH" pen

This is my pen from DSallee. It is a Combo II from PSI and the wood looks to be cocobolo. You did a great job Dave and that is the first pen of that type that I've seen. Looks like I now have a new pen to use at work where I use both a pen and pencil at times.

Bobby

PS: Nick, Your pen is in the mail and should be to you in a couple of days.

Attachments

• PITH.JPG
    PITH.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 122

Jerryconn

Pen for Ones

Now that Ones has his pen here is the picture of what I sent him.

A Baron Made with Bloodwood, Maple, Yellowheart and Purpleheart.

Attachments

• 1511b.jpg
    1511b.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

rdunn12

Got my pen from Vantoo today.It looks like black Corian on a slimline.Great pen man I really appreciate it.The finish is smooth as silk and a nice shape too.

pith1.jpg

MarkHix

PITH from Towmater

I came home to this in my mailbox. It is from Towmater (Todd Glover). It is an Ambonya Burl, Baron FP. I have never used a FP before. I like the way it writes. My apologies for the photo Todd, if you have a better one, please post it. The pen has a deep shine and fits my hand just right. I am proud to add it to my collection.

Attachments

• PITH from Towmater.jpg
    PITH from Towmater.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 118

hilltopper46

Japanese Yew root on a platinum Havana Ball Point

This is the pen I made for Mike Mitchley (mikem) in South Africa. I received word today from Mike that he received it.

1_024.jpg

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 109

spitfire

Here is the pen I recieved from ken69912001. The fit and finish is flawless. I could not be happier. Ken you did a top notch job on this pen and will be a great addition to my collection. It is a Sedona amboyna burl.
pithpenken1.jpg

pithpenken.jpg

SkewedUp

My PITH pen from AWolfe

I got my pen from Alicia (AWolfe) today.

Mahogany wood on a Black Chrome cigar kit. Very nicely made. Thanks Alicia!

Attachments

• PithCigar156.JPG
    PithCigar156.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 104

Tea Clipper

Made by Eric Swindell

My apologies to Eric (ESwindell) for not posting this pen sooner. I received this wonderful Oak and Eucalyptus pen from him over a week ago, but kept forgetting to post a picture of it.

Thank you very much Eric, the pen is great! :)

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• PITH-08.jpg
    PITH-08.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 372

sparhawk

bobs pen

This is the pen i made for bobburt. He let me know he got it today so i thought i would post pics. My camera was broke when i did this so i had to use my scanner to get the pics. Not that great.:frown:The pen is a gold titanium baron fountain pen with crosscut spalted alder. The wood is part of my prize pack from Dario for the ugliest pen contest(the cat litter pen:redface:).[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• pith1.JPG
    pith1.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 106
  • pith2.JPG
    pith2.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 154

markgum

My pen to Jwalt191

Here is the pen I had the honor of making for Jim Walter (Jwalt191). He said he would like something California like as he used to live in Southern CA. When I lived in Southern CA Eucalyptus was EVERYWHERE. So this is a Ligero style pen from Eucalyptus Burl. I know the red background has to go but... it is what I used before I sent the pen to it's new home.

Attachments

• pith1.jpg
    pith1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 96
  • pith2.jpg
    pith2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 105

Nick

PITH pen received

This is a photo of the pen I received from bmac.
This pen is a most beautiful pen, well designed and turned with a very high degree of craftsmanship from turning to finish.
Buckeye Burl on a gold Cigar
I am very impressed!!
I thank you very much for a beautiful pen.
Nick

Attachments

• 100_2409.jpg
    100_2409.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 132

BobBurt

This is the pen i made for bobburt. He let me know he got it today so i thought i would post pics. My camera was broke when i did this so i had to use my scanner to get the pics. Not that great.:frown:The pen is a gold titanium baron fountain pen with crosscut spalted alder. The wood is part of my prize pack from Dario for the ugliest pen contest(the cat litter pen:redface:).[/ATTACH]

As said, I received this pen from Hugo. Man, this is a beautiful pen, and a keeper. a Great blank, a Great finish and it's all mine, Thank you very much

dntrost

Pen received and what a beauty!

I received my pen from Jason (Jthompson1995) and it is a beauty along with several beautiful blanks above and beyond my expectations!
I will try to take a picture (but they are worse than my pens LOL) and get it posted shortly! Just wanted to say thanks and great job!:biggrin:

wickford

Shawn394 and I ended up being paired...Below is the pen I received which is spalted Lama wood from hawaii and it has both red and black spalt lines. Very sweet wood!! Pen kit is a chrome baron and finish is a satin CA which looks much better in person than in my less than adequate photos... Thanks again shawn!!! The other is the pen I sent shawn394...Chrome Sedona FP with spalted maple and 6 ring knot on the cap and 3 ring knot on the pen body with glossy CA finish...

Attachments

• PITH20083.jpg
    PITH20083.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 111
  • PITH20084.jpg
    PITH20084.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 88
  • PITH20081.jpg
    PITH20081.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 111
  • PITH20082.jpg
    PITH20082.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 97

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here's mine from Phil Townsend and I scored BIG time!!!!:biggrin:
First is a Statesman FP ( I think ) which is fantastic!!!! It has a mirror finish that I can only dream about doing. I love the shape too!!! I have no idea what the wood is. Just very very classy.

Next is a black ti slim that just blows my mind!!!!:hypnotized: I have absolutely no idea how this was made. In fact, it looks like something Eagle would have created. The pattern spirals around the pen and it must have taken ages to make. I love it!!!!

Also in the pack was a cool chunk of Amboyna Burl that will go into my secret stash until I learn how to get a decent finish on wood.:biggrin:

Many, many thanks Phil. I know you have sent several PITH pens to the UK guys in the past and I'm sure the others are just as glad as I was to get some of your excellent work:biggrin:

Attachments

• pith1.jpg
    pith1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 129
  • pithslim2.jpg
    pithslim2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 154

OKLAHOMAN

Pen I received from airrat today, The fit and finish are perfect and the Chinese symbols mean longevity and happiness, could not be more pleased!
1_Pith.jpg

markgum

received my PITH pen

today the mail person bought me a package. :biggrin: Enclosed was an awesome checkerboard bamboo rhodium cigar. The craftmanship is excellant to say the least. Jbpaul did an excellant job on this pen. THANKS Jbpaul.
I'll post a pic in a couple of days.

Attachments

• pith3.jpg
    pith3.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

jeffj13

Here is the pen I made for Jeff James (jeffj13)...Lucite closed end Jr. Retro...He is a fan of fountain pens, and not a big fan of acrylic style material, so what did I go and make him...a rollerball out of Lucite!....

200871715041_IMG_2024.jpg

And a great lucite pen it is. Looks much better in person than in the picture. It has quickly become one of my daily users.

Thanks again,

jeff

Leather Man

My PITH Pen

This is the pen I received from Bob Miner (Flitz 64). My picture does not do it justice. It is beautiful. It is made from a Rosewood Burl from Nolan. The kit is a Navigator from WC. It was sanded to 600 with two coats of gloss Poly. One application of AAA from Australia, one coat of wax from that IAP member in Ill. ( TSW DCBluesman ) This is the first closed end pen I have ever had. Thank you Bob.
Ben

Attachments

• MPITH 2.jpg
    MPITH 2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 101

bananajeep

Pith pen for scoutharps from Bananajeep

Here is the pen I made for Scoutharps (Valerie). A Jr. Retro in Amboyna burl with a home brewed turquoise PR and giftcards (white). This was a fun pen to make and provided many new challenges (Drilling in line with the stripe, replacing the centerband, custon finial, Closed end (although I've done a few of these already)). Its fitted with one of Lou's Heritance SF fine nibs. I made the body of the pen as short as possible to still fit the long ink cartridges or the ink pump. From what I've heard Valerie likes the pen.

Mike

Attachments

• DSC_00387395.JPG
    DSC_00387395.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_00397396.JPG
    DSC_00397396.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 97

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Here is the pen I received from Steve Hehn (hehndc). It is a 5.56mm powder coated cartridge with bullet nib. The top is Zircote with a ca finish. I think it is the smallest cartridge pen I've seen. I break out in a cold sweat just thinking about having to drill that small of bullet! :biggrin: Thanks Steve.

Attachments

• 100_0550.jpg
    100_0550.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 115

scoutharps

Oh yeah, Valerie likes the pen! I LOVE the pen! I'm showing it off all over the place! I have small hands so shortening it had the added benefit of making it a custom fit for my hand! Don't know if you guys can see it (my moniter is dark) but there is a very tiny wooden bead between the two layers of metal on the center band (Titanium?) The closed end has a sort of little flip out that makes it very feminime and flirty, and just plain fun! I wondered what the white was--gift cards! I love it! I'm also very jealous over someone being able to create this work of art and have a new level of excellence to aim at. Thank you Mike!

Top Bottom