Donate Pens to Servicemen and Women

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Here's what we are trying to put together.
On 7/17/08 I read this post over at Sawmillcreek---Jackie Outten is one of the folks who runs the Freedom Pen Project---They collect pens and ship them all over the world to Menbers of the Armed Forces.
Here's the post.

FREEDOM PENS NEEDS YOU.

Normally I would not post here but I know that some of you don't check the Freedom Pens Forum.

We have had a request for 6,000 pens from the Aircraft Carrier Abraham Lincoln. At this point in time, I have no pens left to send as I have just shipped out the last 500 pens I had.

If you have some time on your hands please make some pens for the cause.
Our service men and women need to know how much support they have here at home.

Let's see if we can provide them with that support.

In the last four years we have shipped almost 86,000 pens. Your help will be appreciated more than you know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jackie Outten
I thought that it would be great if the folks here at IAP could sent them a bunch of pens.
Here's how we plan on doing this.
Send me the pens and I will foward them to the FPP--------all you have to do is PM me and I will give you my address.
This will be a donation from "The Membership of IAP" and will be listed at FFP as being from all of us.
Wrap the pens so they do not get beat up getting to me--newspaper--I have ordered 4x6 bubble packs to repack the pens in. Thanks Ed---:)
If you want to add a small card with your pen that would also be nice----I plan on printing up a small IAP logo and adding it to every pen.
I plan on collecting pens until Sept 1st 2008
I figure that I will send in two lots of pens----one with-in a week and the last one in Sept.
This would be a great reason to clean out some of your old stock and put them to a good use or turn some slimlines and send them.
The type of kit or blank make no differnce all we ask is that it writes.
Who better to step up and lend a hand than the folks here at IAP.
If you have any questions I will try to have a answer.
Thanks to all the folks who have already responded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Max

Help----------I need pens
Shipping packs are here and I need pens to fill them----about 1K would be nice:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• shippingFFP.jpg
    shippingFFP.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 126

Gary Max

yippeeeeeeeeeeee---Pens started arriving here today--I am ready
Here's the little IAP logo cards that I printed up--I will send one along with every pen:RockOn:

Attachments

• iaplogo.jpg
    iaplogo.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 144

Gary Max

UPS and USPS both delivered pens today.
All I can say is thanks for the help---I hope more folks join in and help out with this great cause.

Verne

Gary, seems to me taht with over 5,000 IAP members, maybe 1/2 active, that 6000 pens would be no problem. Let's go guys, this would be a biggie!!!! Our own aircraft carrier!!!!
Send me an address Gary and I'll get a couple in the mail.
Vern

Russianwolf

I'm going to pick up some kits from Don Wood this weekend and get to turning them. Give me a couple weeks and I'll have about 2 dozen ready to go.

I went to look at the ones I had set aside and they've all been swiped by the wife. :eek:

Gary Max

Just think if a 100 members sent 5 pens each-----that's a fast 500 pens.
I plan on cleaning out my display cases tonight-----heck I know I can find at least 20 slow sellers there.
I would like to take a second and Thank all the folks who are helping out with this.
---------------Thank You very Much------------------

Gary Max

Thanks Folks----I am sending the first box out on Friday.
I worked on getting the pens ready last night and hope the mailman brings me more today.

jskeen

Gary,

I wanted to get my first dozen there in time for the first box, but life sorta had different ideas, Anyway, I'll get them sent out as quick as possible. So how many went out today?

James

markgum

Hi Gary;
I r turn' as fast as I can. I also advertised it to my local wood workers group and will be collecting some pens (I hope) from them. I'll ship some your way by the middle of August as I wanted to give them a couple of weekends to get them to me.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Gary,

I have 22 pens that I have rounded up to send to you! I will get them out when I get a round tuit, probably some time next week!

gmcnut

Gary,

I ordered 20 chrome slimline kits and some red, white and blue corian today. As soon as it gets here me and my two sons will get busy and be sending you some pens to send to our troops. Hoooo Haaaaa!

Grizz

Banned
We are waiting for a pen kit order to come in... Josh, the 12yr old... will be working on them.

scoutharps

Got a lovely "old geezer" to drill me up a bunch of blanks yesterday, and am on my way to the basement to start on them. I'm hoping to have my first 10 out by next weekend--1 down, 9 to go! (And two of those just need final sanding and assembly!)

Gary Max

Mark I have been getting the best Pm's from folks who where able to get a round Tuit this weekend---we should has another box ready for FPP very soon.

Verne

Gary,
I've got about 10 picked out to send...now just have to wait for the uninvited guest (Edwourdo (sp)) to leave. Some people just don't know when enuf is enuf.
Vern

Gary Max

Thanks folks --we just spent 14 hours at a show and your post are the best news I have had all day
Thank-you very much
Now I am going to get some sleep so we can do it again in the morning

Verne

Gary
It's in the mail. 10 only, wrapped in paper towels, sorry about that, guess I'm kinda cheap that way.
Let's see 6000 members; average maybe 5 pens each; wow, that's 30,000 pens. We could have an Aircraft Carrier and maybe some SAC (Strategic Air Command for you too young to remember) B52's to boot.
Come on Guys and Gals lets send enough pens to sink that carrier. They are out there for us, as in The U.S.
I know, getting too political, I'll be quiet.
Vern

Top Bottom