Pepper mills and ornaments that sale and high end art work that doesn't,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lonn

Lonn

The ornaments are made from tooth pick kits and marketed as a message in an ornament.

Attachments

• ipa post.jpg
    ipa post.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 359
  • ia photo.jpg
    ia photo.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 376
  • ipa.jpg
    ipa.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 306
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Beautiful work. I am trying to see what the shape is on top of the bowl? To me it is at an angle and I cannot tell. This is not criticism it is just me trying to understand the shape of the top.

Lonn

Beautiful work. I am trying to see what the shape is on top of the bowl? To me it is at an angle and I cannot tell. This is not criticism it is just me trying to understand the shape of the top.
Mike those were turned as attention getters and jury pieces. The finials are minute turnings shielded inside of sea shells. I am paranoid that true pointed finials will end up in someone eye .

Attachments

• api.jpg
    api.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 133

Lonn

Mike those were turned as attention getters and jury pieces. The finials are minute turnings shielded inside of sea shells. I am paranoid that true pointed finials will end up in someone eye .

Mike sorry i missed your question. This pic should show light on the subject, same reason just antler instead of sea shell. Since i am new to the group i am getting practice posting pictures.

Attachments

• api.jpg
    api.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 95

Woodlvr

Thank you for the extra picture Lonnie, that is exactly what I was trying to picture. I understand your being paranoid I turned a couple of toothpick holders with sharp finials and they have drawn blood from people trying to see how sharp the top is, DUH.

Lonn

Other Things i Do

I have been doing nothing but trying to learn to photograph pen for hours now. What do you think? i hoping for a 9, that about my performance peak with most every thing i do.

Attachments

• ipa readystriped.jpg
    ipa readystriped.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 89
  • resized pensmaple ipa ready.jpg
    resized pensmaple ipa ready.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 87
I have been doing nothing but trying to learn to photograph pen for hours now. What do you think? i hoping for a 9, that about my performance peak with most every thing i do.

Lonn,
I'm not one to critique other's photography... some of mine are pretty bad... I think it's the camera's fault... just doesn't seem to see the same picture that I see...:biggrin:

The back ground on your pictures have too much yellow in them... it hides the colors of the pens themselves... they look to be really nice. Others have mentioned and I haven't tried it my self yet, but a neutral gray background might show off the colors better. I personally work with a white background and try (key word is "try) to set the white balance to a neutral and again that word try to make my pens appear to float in the picture... I hit the mark about one time out of five or so shots. I find that florescent lights and incandescent lights add some color back into the picture... a natural lighting is better, but not always possible. I have a north facing screen back porch and often will take my photography there to try and get decent pictures.

Lonn

Chuck, you are exactly right i have a white to Grey fade background in my booth. Problem identified is that i was using solid Grey to set my custom white balance. Made this mistake for years and corrected it in Adobe by removing color cast. Earlier on i had a much cheaper camera the i used in auto white balance and it was some better than the G11 i now use. Anyway i am 97% there. It has been a battle and i am thankful for everyones support. Lonn

Attachments

• white balance manual set2.jpg
    white balance manual set2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 78
  • white balance set manual.jpg
    white balance set manual.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 82
Top Bottom