Pepper mill question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joemac8

Joemac8

Has anyone used the stainless steel pepper mill kits from Lee Valley? It is my first time making one and I am trying to find out what forstner bits these use. LV CS didn't know but said they would get back to me.

Are stainless steel units the way to go or is there a better one to use? If so, what is it and where could I get one?

Thanks, Joe

bitshird

We use the Stainless Steel kits and have had great luck, The Ceramic ones are a pain, Most of the Pepper mills use a 1-1/2 for the very bottom , only in about 1-2 inch, and then a 1-1/16th for the main hole with a 1/4 inch going through the top.
YMMV

We use the Stainless Steel kits and have had great luck, The Ceramic ones are a pain, Most of the Pepper mills use a 1-1/2 for the very bottom , only in about 1-2 inch, and then a 1-1/16th for the main hole with a 1/4 inch going through the top.
YMMV

I gotta disagree with you Ken, I think the stainless steel ones are the pain... they do make a pretty mill, but I tend to be a little measurementally challenged, so I work with the ceramic ones and find them much easier and more open to design opportunities.

Top Bottom