Pepper grinder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gawdelpus

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
For the last few years I have concentrated on the pen-making addiction , and nothing else, My good friend Neil (dai sensei) went on a wood hunt last monday , tuesday I helped him slice and dice ,He convinced me to try my hand at the pepper grinders ,so with some coaching and prodding I came up with this ,its a dry country wood called "Budgeroo ) sanded to about 1200 emery then polished with U-beaut glow, a friction polish ,I use the crush grinder mechanism with a manufactures 25 year guarantee ,Told they are as good as it gets hehe. Took me a days work all up so maybe not a lot of these will get made lol. One of the pictures shows a repaired borer hole towards the top of the body ,the overall height of this is about 12" .Cheers ~ John

Attachments

• Budgeroo.jpg
    Budgeroo.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Budgeroo 1.jpg
    Budgeroo 1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 143
  • budgeroo 2.jpg
    budgeroo 2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Jaywood, with these the adjustment is in the bottom, it is on a ratchet and holds its setting ,even when you refill .they are a ceramic mechanism so nothing to corrode as its in a plastic sleeve that pushes into the base and locates in an internal groove , (not meant to be taken apart ) hehe, The Top section simply pulls off and you pour in whatever you are grinding ,does pepper salt herbs and almost anything you might want to pulverize :). Chefs like these as nothing to lose while you refill them :) There is an insert that fits up into the top section and locates in a retaining groove .it slides over the 5 sided drive shaft and has a spring wound around the collet section to keep it in place on the shaft . All up a very nice mechanism ( I have ordered some more from CSUSA) if you want to have a look at them :) cheers John

jaywood1207

Jaywood, with these the adjustment is in the bottom, it is on a ratchet and holds its setting ,even when you refill .they are a ceramic mechanism so nothing to corrode as its in a plastic sleeve that pushes into the base and locates in an internal groove , (not meant to be taken apart ) hehe, The Top section simply pulls off and you pour in whatever you are grinding ,does pepper salt herbs and almost anything you might want to pulverize :). Chefs like these as nothing to lose while you refill them :) There is an insert that fits up into the top section and locates in a retaining groove .it slides over the 5 sided drive shaft and has a spring wound around the collet section to keep it in place on the shaft . All up a very nice mechanism ( I have ordered some more from CSUSA) if you want to have a look at them :) cheers John

Thanks John. I'll take a look at it when I get a minute. These are different than the mechanism I use.

Top Bottom