First Natural Edge Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

Again with the help of Louis, this is the results of his hands on teaching, it is a natural edge bowl from a piece of sweet gum. It was a lot of fun and very interesting piece to turn.

Keithshandmadeitems2011214.jpg

As you can see, there was a small piece of bark that came off, and I decided to teave it that way rather than try to glue a piece on it. My wife likes it that way.
Again I want to say that it is members like Louis and others that take the time to share their knowledge with others that make this site the best ever.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Nice looking bowl. Seems like many of the NE bowls that I see are left with very thick walls, which makes them look very clunky. You did a very nice job of avoiding that. Well done.

ldubia

Interesting bowl you have there. Nice job on it. Good form and good finish. What is the finish yo used? Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us this year.

On a side note, I too, just finished a NE bowl and got it very thin. That was fun. The second one I tried had some difficulty and is being worked on. I will be posting as soon as the finish is polished to my satisfaction...probably tomorrow.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
show off, just think what you could do with a bigger lathe. again I'll say show off..... you just keep getting better and better...................

Top Bottom