Pentarsia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Skye
<br />One thing I hope we can agree on is that Pentarsia is probably one of best looking pens to come across the site. To lock the post means it's going to be dropped off the map, which would be too bad.

Also, I swear, if you say one cross word about the color red, it's go time baby!

I'm on record saying Pentarsia is a fine pen. That we can agree on.

I just question your motive and your attitude. I do not, for a single moment, believe you bumped up this thread out of the kindness of your heart just to show the new folks.

I believe you accomplished your ulterior motive.

As to thin skin, not me, but I wonder about you. Your remarks reflect a person who either has thin skin or, with your derogatory remarks, hope to induce others to argue. Is the later being what you really hoped to accomplish with all this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

Originally posted by jeff
<br />You guys are driving me up the baloney tree!

A few thoughts...

Johnny and I have a fine relationship. We email, we talk on the phone, and I'd sure enjoy sitting down to a meal and a few beers with him.

A few? Thats an understatement! After the past two months, I am gonna get slobber knocking drunk!!!!

And I dont even drink!

woodpens

I'd like to take you both out for all the work you have done to build and maintain your sites, not to mention the fringe benefits you have been tolerating lately. Sometimes it is hard to step back and see the big picture when you get involved in the scraps between a very small handful of people. We have about 2,000 people who have shown an interest in pen turning. They now have a couple great places to discuss and learn all the aspects of pen turning thanks to your efforts. I, for one, thank you both very much!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I just got an email from Eagle, pointing out that this topic has gone far astray. The original purpose was to show a pen made in memory of a little boy who died. A lot of water has gone over the dam since this topic started months ago, most of it pretty muddy. Eagle sent me a better shot of the pen, and I'm happy to post it here.

2006218182713_pentarsia.jpg
<br />

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

mick

I've been purposely silent until now. And I agree with Jeff about not locking this post. Someone would just start another similar one. No Johnny I'm not referring to you. But in my opinion I see "one person" starting this up over and over. I'm asking him nicely to stop and let us get on with what this site was created for, furthering the art of pen turning. I come here for the information I continuely receive, hopefully bettering my skills. I also come here to converse with folks I consider friends and hope to meet one day. I don't come here to view petty squabbling about things that don't matter one iota.
A word to all the "regulars" if I may be so bold. If these and similar post offend you or raise your dander, Ignore em! If people like the one causing this problem doesn't have an audience they'll soon fade away. We feed them when we reply to them. I'll paraphrase an Eleanor Roosevelt quote: "People can only make you feel inferior( insert angry , upset , etc...) if you allow them to". I think that's words we can all learn to live by.
I hope I haven't offended anyone and I also hope the person I intended this post for will read and listen and let us get on with what we come here for.
Thanks for you time guys and gals!
Mick

BTW I too belong to both sites and have no problem with either site. They are both great informative places to learn and see others work!

Hastur

Johnny, yes I have only been a member since June and I have only posted one pen. Sorry I don't have a camera that takes pictures worth a darn and I also realize I am in a big time learning phase. I do a lot of reading on the site and no I do not post much. I search the archives for questions that new turners have and usually find they have been asked before so why should I ask them again? I am sorry you feel that just because I do not post and upload pictures taken on a 1 megapixil camera as an uneducated, uninformed, and unsupportive person to the IAP.

I took your post and "joke" tag line as the way it was read, if I was wrong then I do apologize. One of the problems with forums is there is much said between the lines.

AdamB

in response to

"I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS ASSININE ARGUEMENT IS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE FORUM OR PEN TURNING IN GENERAL..."

Two things come to mind:

Perhaps they are trying to demonstrate to the new guys how to turn one thing into something completely different.

Then again, maybe they are attempting to show how to get something spinning really fast.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by jeff
<br />I just got an email from Eagle, pointing out that this topic has gone far astray. The original purpose was to show a pen made in memory of a little boy who died.

I have to disagree with you Jeff. It is an absolutely gorgeous pen made by a highly talented individual, this we agree on. I went back and read every post that was made in this thread and not once did Eagle mention Noah. However I did find stuff like this:

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />
I have noticed a few members who decided not to comment on this pen one way or another.
Perhaps this pen is not "spectacular" enough for you, that's o.k.
It may be some real darn good work but I know where the flaws are so I also know it is not "technically perfect"
Just another pretty pen ... (maybe).
Perhaps someday I will make a "spectacular pen" that is truly innovative.BUT

For today and until I mail this off to Johnnie, I can sit with my coffee and non-filtered cigarettes in the dim morning light at the dining room table while my wife and daughter are still sleeping, and smugly and self-righteously admire my own work knowing that I have never seen anything like this before, pinch myself and ask myself...
Did I really make this?Did this really emerge from my head travel through my hands and with the grace of my Highter Power come to completion?
'HMMMMMPH!

Then I see posts like this one.

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />
This pen will bring more money than all the other pens combined. I know this because I am bidding on it. And there is a surprise going to happen at the auction!

After this the thread lies dormant until it's close to the time for it to go into the archives and then it gets resurrected by one of his friends. (gee, didn’t we go through something similar a while back with another member looking for him?) Coincidence? Possibly, but I think not. You can think of it any way that you please bit I think it will be bumped again and again just to cause controversy. History has already proved this theory.

Here is an example

<br />
I dont think jeff would want the IAP site on a sig line with something like www.penturners.org (a site where sissy's live)

Of course, this is just an example. I mean nothing by it. I am just using it as an example.

Say what you please about me but you cannot say that I am not speaking truthfully here and if Eagle or Johnny or even you Jeff have a problem with what I have said, you know how to get a hold of me.

rtjw

Mudder..... Never mind, this says it all.

<br />
Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />As far as those who are eager to zing you, and may I call myself one of your coharts, consider the source. I know that you and Ron from Drums have had a conflict or two. However Ron stepped up to the plate and acknowledged your incredible pen. For that, Ron, I salute you as a true gentleman. As far as those whose silence is deafening, a small pew of sore thumbs sticks out in my mind.

Gosh William, it almost sounds like you calling my name here. I have been busy learning all sort of new things about Web design lately, and I usually don't comment on pens presented anyway.

I will say that it is nice that he (I just can't call him Eagle) is donating a pen to a worthy cause. I think it's great that so many people helped Johnny with this great cause. I really believe in helping children.

Tim

I just got off the phone with Eagle, he is changing is ISP and his server is down. He would like to acknowledge all the positive comments made about this pen that was inspired by noah.

mikes pens

While you people were all discussing this topic ad nauseam, I planted a seed, grew a tree and turned it into a pen. Now I am going to go and sell it.

Mike[:)]

Ron Mc

I've been watching this thread and staying away due to the conflicts that I have had with the maker of this pen. I can't do it any more. I have watched Ron argue with some guy by the name of Skye that quit honestly needs to take his thick skin somewhere else and stay away from us. As far as I'm concerned he can find a Pop Tart wrapper for himself, and learn somewhere else. The guy will flat out argue with a stump and start crap whenever he has the chance.

Robert,
There is absolutely no need for you to apologize to anyone. Johnny doesn't expect it or need it. You can post pictures whenever you like or find it convenient. The most important thing is for you to enjoy making pens!

Johnny. You are fixing to find out why I haven't posted anything in your forum lately.

Eagle,
This is the PC guy. After reading the PM in reply to the message I sent you I have come to understand what type of a person lives under those ruffled feathers of yours! It's sad that my wife read it as well. So don't ever bring up a young man like Noah again. I don't care if you think he inspired you or not. I personally doubt it.

Another thing. I personally don't like the way you used MY pickle pen picture to make the PMG look bad. That's it! Get it? You took the picture and used it for another one of your stabs. I explained to Johnny that you broke the rules and asked for it to be removed. Simple. Your broke the rules I fixed them.

This pen doesn't look anything like it used to. Quite honestly I see no beauty in it at all now that I know what kind of person you are. Enjoy your forum. I'll stop in now and then to see what website pictures you have stolen and give you my regards. I anticipated that last weak that you would post the PM messages at some point so I saved them to my hard drive just in case so don't make up some BS. I have what I sent you and your absolutely pathetic reply.
Have a fantastic evening.
PC

Ron Mc

One more thing.
Skye, How about you post a picture of a pen you have made? I have search a couple forums and can't seem to find one.
You've been learning from everyone long enough to make a pen since you had the original BAD picture saved to your hard drive.
At least eagle had the courtesy to take and post some pictures that we could actualy see.

Ron Mc

I'll be darned.
Skye.
After looking at you past posts it has become aparent that you are a women.
"32 here. Wife of 9 years, 4 year old girl and a 6 month old girl."
4 year old girl and you thought the PopTart joke was funny? WOW. Post that again in 11 years.

Ron Mc

Coach,
I thought she was due to the fact that she said,

In the How old are you poll.
If Skye is a man then I apologize to Skye.

coach

This isn't Jr. High Ron. He has a wife of 9 years. Nice touch in calling him she. I see that you have followed him in every topic he posted so you can make little comments. Nice form! Maybe you should just start talking about some pickles?!?

Skye

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />One more thing.
Skye, How about you post a picture of a pen you have made? I have search a couple forums and can't seem to find one.
You've been learning from everyone long enough to make a pen since you had the original BAD picture saved to your hard drive.
At least eagle had the courtesy to take and post some pictures that we could actualy see.

You know, I had decided to not post in this thread, let the thread die, but apparently stirring the poo is something you guys like to do as much as anyone you’ve accused so far. So, I’ll bite, why not.

Apparently, you’re completely computer illiterate. Let me break it down for you real simple like:

When you look at the pic of Pentarsia, here is the url for the picture you see:

<b>http://www.penturners.org</b>/forum/uploads<b>/cteaglesc/</b>200511513251_One%20for%20giving%20004.jpg

That’s Eagle’s upload folder and the pic has always been there. So, for all the people who don’t know how to use an internet browser, I didn’t upload the picture. As I’ve been accused of posting the pic myself more than once in this thread, hopefully that will clear that up.

<br />I'll be darned.
Skye.
After looking at you past posts it has become aparent that you are a women.
4 year old girl and you thought the PopTart joke was funny? WOW. Post that again in 11 years.

Wow, that’s funny. Oh, and it’s also in the spalting thread in the penturning forum. Apparently, he thought it was so side-splittingly humorous he had to repost it here. As I said there, there are 2 people there who started throwing mud in that thread, neither were me. So, who likes to stir stuff up? Yep, you’re good ol’ IAP regulars, which, interestingly enough, nobody has called foul on.

**Edit, just noticed your reply while typing this. No need to opologize, but out of curiosity, how exactly did the idea of me being a woman answer your questions? Have something against women pen turners? I know a few here who would be very interested to know exactly what you meant by that little comment.

<br />I've been watching this thread and staying away due to the conflicts that I have had with the maker of this pen. I can't do it any more. I have watched Ron argue with some guy by the name of Skye that quit honestly needs to take his thick skin somewhere else and stay away from us. As far as I'm concerned he can find a Pop Tart wrapper for himself, and learn somewhere else. The guy will flat out argue with a stump and start crap whenever he has the chance

People can check the spalting thread if they wish. The people here started the name calling in the thread <b>not me</b>, it’s there for everyone to see.

Learn somewhere else? So, you’re deciding where people go? That’s funny.

Pop-tart thread wasn’t mine that was <b>pen-turners</b>. Apparently you’re so busy chasing me around you missed the fact that I didn’t start the post. If you’re going to try your hand at insulting, at least get your victims right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom