Pentarsia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

No, I would say more of a doppelganger, but different people for sure.

Well, the pen was one of the first I saw on the forum, one of the first I copied to my hard drive. New members here mean people havent seen it. So, a bump is in order.

The pic has always been on the board. It's the one pic he left behind. The fact that someone thought it was removed is proof that the thread has gotten a little too dusty.

Like him or hate him, you cant deny it's one of the best pens on the site. The post count speaks for itself.

My problem is eagle's total disdain for Jeff, IAP, and everyone who visits IAP. Eagle will, at the slightest opportunity start an argument just to bash IAP and it's members. Eagle will belittle anyone who doesn't fit his world view

http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=928&KW=eagle

This post is about as clam as Eagle gets. many of his threads have been deleted by his good friend rtjw, who, for those of you who don't know is the owner of The Pen Shop.

Skye

I'm a member of IAP and he doesn’t hate me, so I would say that alone makes your generalized comment false. Even further, there are what, a couple thousand members here? Should we take a poll and see how many people he's argued with? Apparently he has a 'distain' for 'everyone who visits IAP' so he surely must hate every single member.

I think the main problem is he upset the squeaky wheels. Hurt the delicate feelings of a few people who shout the loudest, next thing you know he hates every living soul with www.penturners.org in their computer's cache.

The problem is, you dislike him so much it's forcing you to make broad-brush, over dramatized, concocted generalized accusations. If you simply said that he pissed off a dozen people, that would be a little more accurate. To say he has a distain for every member just for visiting the site makes you look like someone hell bent on a personal tirade.

wayneis

eagle pissed off way more than "a couple dozen" people and chased many more than that off the IAP site so excuse me if some of us don't shed a tear now that he is gone. He's the most hurtfull and hatefull person that I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

Wayne

Rifleman1776

Eagle is an individual with an artists temprament. I frequently do not agree with things he says or how he says them. So what? If you don't like something here, read and move on. I am a member at both forums, we are friends. It's an electronic forum, for peety's sake. You don't like something, just click the X. There are more important things in this world to get riled over. I wish I had a 1/10th of his talent.

coach

Have any of you that "hate" Eagle so much even spoken to him? I enjoy my conversations with him. He is a really nice guy and is hillarious. I do tend to be on the phone for a long time when we talk. Word of warning. If you are soft, you might not like it. He will tell you what he thinks and what is on his mind. I find that refreshing!

Skye

Originally posted by Riflemanpeety's sake

It's "Pete's Sake"! That makes me so upset, I think I'm going to hate you for ever and ever. Not only that but I'll punch you in the eye if we ever get a TPS meeting in my area. Me... maaaaaaaaaad!

Lol, no, I'm not the fruit-o-his-loins, that's for throwing that nugget in there! [:D]

Originally posted by Skye
<br />I'm a member of IAP and he doesn’t hate me, so I would say that alone makes your generalized comment false. Even further, there are what, a couple thousand members here? Should we take a poll and see how many people he's argued with? Apparently he has a 'distain' for 'everyone who visits IAP' so he surely must hate every single member.

I think the main problem is he upset the squeaky wheels. Hurt the delicate feelings of a few people who shout the loudest, next thing you know he hates every living soul with www.penturners.org in their computer's cache.

The problem is, you dislike him so much it's forcing you to make broad-brush, over dramatized, concocted generalized accusations. If you simply said that he pissed off a dozen people, that would be a little more accurate. To say he has a distain for every member just for visiting the site makes you look like someone hell bent on a personal tirade.

If you read the other posts in that thread, you will notice that two highly respected moderatators of TPS say the same thing as I did.

wayneis

A couple of you are throwing around the word Hate and thats a pretty strong word. I haven't read every post in these nine pages but I have not seen anyone saying that they Hate Eagle or anyone else for that matter. I don't happen to hate anyone, I can't say that I like Eagle but I don't really tend to like every person that I end up meeting. Eagle may have been granted a little more latitude if he had not taken all the shots at Jeff, the person who makes this site availiable to us. There's a lot of us here that appriciate that Jeff has spent the time and money to create the IAP and to see anyone have a vendetta towards him is a bit much to put up with. Eagle brought on his own grief, it seemed that each time he got mad he took it out on Jeff and baited him, I have to hand it to Jeff because he put up with a whole lot more than I ever would have.

Now enough of this banter for me, I'm going to make some pens and put this crap behind me.

Wayne

dfurlano

This is totally against my personal rules of forum etiquette; I never make comments on threads like this.

However, I am compelled to say something, much like slowing to view the after math of an auto accident.

Ron is correct in this. Eagle is ghosting this forum right now with a big smile on his face because of the controversy it stirs. His repeated demonstrations of bitterly loathing anyone’s opinion along with his contemptuous and condescending remarks are in his mind the only way of establishing credibility. Eagle feeds of the cleaving of people who will put his behavior above anything else and use them as a tool against those who will not tolerate his behavior. He is a far more destructive influence with his behavior then anything he can or could ever produce. I am not impressed by or concerned with people that act this way.

ilikewood

OK OK!! I will finally say something on this matter. I usually keep my mouth shut (fingers quiet), but I will say something on this matter.

First of all, I have never had a problem with Eagle and had many dealings with him. I have read some of his posts and can see how he has really angered some people. He is entitled to his opinion....BUT, sometimes it is best when things are left un-said.

I have have read where some think it is nice to hear the truth and people being straight forward. I too agree with this...to a point. Sometimes the truth does NOT need to be said. I definitely would not go up to some seriously ugly person and say, "Gee, you sure are UGLY!".

Sometimes you need to think of the other person first, before you type or open your mouth. Sometimes you need some serious discretion and approach the subject in a different manner to avoid hurting other people or causing a fight. Deep thought should procede touchy subjects. I'm not talking about avoiding subjects, just wording them in a way to keep the fights from starting.

I know Eagle could have done this, he just chose not to.

Now that is MY opinion![:D]

Skye

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Anybody up for a pickle?

If you cant talk like a grown adult and feel the need to throw childish pickle pictures in here, go for it. People skirt the issue when they can’t talk like grown up. It’s rather sad considering what it robs each party.

Originally posted by dfurlano
However, I am compelled to say something, much like slowing to view the after math of an auto accident.

Struggle is a part of life. It’s hard to keep your hands clean and occasionally you have to just get involved even though you feel you shouldn’t. The idea is to try and bridge both sides a little if possible. So many people want to shut down a post like this or ruin it with moronic derailing rather than hashing it out.

Originally posted by dfurlano
Eagle feeds of the cleaving of people

If you feel that way, you feel that way. To say it as fact though is just an educated assumption on your part. Only person to know if he ‘feeds’ on it is him. From what I know of him, that’s not the case. If that were true, TPS would be nothing but a flame fest from morning to night. It’s not the case. So, that somewhat negates that idea.

Speaking of cleaving people, why were people upset that I bumped this thread? It’s a great pen and I doubt anyone would deny that. If they would, they probably wouldent if Jeff had created the pen. It would be the greatest thing since the lightbulb. Some people dislike Eagle so much that they cant stand to see his post of a great pen bumped. I simply bump it, people start their smart ass remarks. I see that as cleaving as well.

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />A couple of you are throwing around the word Hate and thats a pretty strong word.

Interestingly, the only ones throwing the word hate around are two of eagles friends.

I don't hate eagle, I pity him.
I think it's really sad.
I figure he must be a very lonely person with too much time on his hands.

JimGo

Originally posted by Skye
<br />
<br />Anybody up for a pickle?

If you cant [sic] talk like a grown adult and feel the need to throw childish pickle pictures in here, go for it. People skirt the issue when they can’t talk like grown up [sic]. It’s rather sad considering what it robs each party.
I agree. Unfortunately, when presumably intelligent, respectful conversants resort to personal attacks ("if you cant [sic] talk like a grown adult..."), it really cheapens the entire conversation. If you go back a few posts, I did "talk like a grown up", and said something positive, both about the fact that the pen pic had been re-posted here, and about the pen itself. Also, if you're going to pick on someone's writing style, you should be careful to proofread what you write.

Before you spout off again, I would encourage you to go back and read the Christmas thread in which Eagle personally attacked me on several occasions. Then tell me which of us was more childish.

Also, I find your footer very telling.

jkoehler

i would just like to add...
it is amazing how much trouble Eagle is stirring up and he hasnt even been here for a few months.
he doesnt even post anyhting and "poop hits the fan".
i would imagine that if Eagle is reading this, and i would imagine that he keeps tabs on this site, he is laughing hysterically at the lasting effect that he is having on the people here.
as they say " Let sleeping dogs lie".

Just my 2cents.

Jeff

Skye

I agree. Unfortunately, when presumably intelligent, respectful conversants resort to personal attacks ("if you cant [sic] talk like a grown adult..."), it really cheapens the entire conversation. If you go back a few posts, I did "talk like a grown up", and said something positive, both about the fact that the pen pic had been re-posted here, and about the pen itself.

So, you agree, but you think the use of a picture of a pickle to derail a post isnt childish? Hm. Maybe I should throw a picture of a gerkin in every post on the board seeing how it's adult behaviour.

Also, if you're going to pick on someone's writing style, you should be careful to proofread what you write.

Not sure where I did that. Where was that?

Before you spout off again, I would encourage you to go back and read the Christmas thread in which Eagle personally attacked me on several occasions. Then tell me which of us was more childish.

Spout off? I think that's part of the problem here. Any view other than your own and I'm 'spouting off'. I'm looking for people to stay on topic, not derail the thread, people to give the pen it's due, people to allow a post of a <b>pen</b> to be seen by newcomers. Last I heard this was a pen forum and that's what it's here for. Problem is people cant get past the artist and see the art. That's messed up.

Also, I find your footer very telling.

This forum makes that apparent. It's the reason I made it. People here are so thin skinned, I dont get it. I've been straight up, cordial as I can in this thread but people are still freaking out like I'm killing their dogs. TPS is a nice oais for some of us. We can actually say if we dont like someone's pen without them freaking out... well, aside from one person. [B)]

I'm trying to get a real conversation going here. This isnt so much about Eagle as it is about poor communication. If it dosent get better, it's going to get locked and it's not going to benifit anyone. That's a waste.

Originally posted by jkoehler
<br />i would just like to add...
it is amazing how much trouble Eagle is stirring up and he hasnt even been here for a few months.

That's another thing. People see Eagle stirring up stuff. He's not here! How can he be doing anything? It's people and their sore feelings that are perpetuating it. We can all talk like civil people, if it gets out of control it's not Eagle's fault, he cant even post. Does nobody see that?

ilikewood

We can all talk like civil people, if it gets out of control it's not Eagle's fault, he cant even post. Does nobody see that?

Just shows how many people he hurt that the subject is still so sore. As I said, some truths need not be said.

Skye

"Have to bump this for the new peeps. Killer pen"

That's what I posted. If people's feelings are hurt, that's the way it is. They can get over it or not. However, to derail a post on a pen such as this isnt right. That pen is terrific, new people have joined and never seen it, it deserves to be seen. My post was simple, had nothing to do with Eagle, simply the pen. Taking your hurt feelings and gumming up a legit thread is a poor way to go. People may disagree with the way Eagle behaved here, but I disagree with the actions take by many here. Should I get upset and hold a grudge? Derail everyone's posts here because they made me mad? No, it's no way to act.

Let's take Ron for instance. He PMd me and called me a<b> troll</b> because he misunderstood something I said at IAP. I think that's pretty crappy, but have I posted anything cross about him that wasn’t a PM straight back to him? Throw pictures of pickles in his pen show threads? No. And people think I'm the one off base...

coach

I think it is funny how those who complain about Eagle and his practices do the same in return. Most of the time it is 10 fold. Hypocritical I think. Actually Eagle has never posted something positive on any of my work or really any of my posts for that matter. I know how he feels about it then and I don't cry about it. Most of the time it helps make me better. It does not mean he thinks I am a bad person because of his opinion. Now you are going to want to attack people because they are "eagle's friends."

Go ahead and rip me, I won't cry! Make sure you beg to get anyone banned who disagrees with you or agrees with someone you don't like.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />If you don't like something here, read and move on. I am a member at both forums, we are friends. It's an electronic forum, for peety's sake. You don't like something, just click the X.

Very nice Frank,

I find it interesting that you don't practice what you preach.

Eagle is a very talented individual and even though he and I no longer speak on the phone I still consider him a friend. While this pen is absolutely geougeous I do find it to be quite interesting that he would delete all of his pictures but 1. I cannot understand why he would leave this one if he dislikes the IAP so much but I have my theories.

Originally posted by Skye<br />
Have to bump this for the new peeps. Killer pen

Skye,

Seeing that the only time you seem to post is to start contraversy, or to keep it going, it's no wonder people accuse you of being related to him.

Looking at your tag line I can see that you just like to be contraversial, did you ever stop to think that your tag line just might be hurting the credibility of that site? I am a member there to and I can see that many of the pens posted there also get "nice pen, good job" posts.

Quote from Skye from TPS
Well, I think a lot of the people there are a bunch of babies that somehow grew into adult bodies.

Quote from Skye from TPS
Anyone else noticed that Ron linked this thread over at IAP?

Seems like he's got a bit of a man crush on you Eagle. I think it's sweet.

Originally posted by Skye on IAP
Let's take Ron for instance. He PMd me and called me a<b> troll</b> because he misunderstood something I said at IAP. I think that's pretty crappy, but have I posted anything cross about him that wasn’t a PM straight back to him?

troll

1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies†which in turn comes from mainstream “trollingâ€, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT.

2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.†Compare kook.

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/troll.html

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If the goal is to raise awareness of Eagle's work, would it not be far simpler to post a link to his photo album?

http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_photos.asp?Eagle

For newcomers wishing to converse with Eagle about his work, you'll find him at
http://www.thepenshop.net with the username "Eagle"

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Mudder
... I do find it to be quite interesting that he would delete all of his pictures but 1. I cannot understand why he would leave this one if he dislikes the IAP so much but I have my theories.
The only reason that photo remains is that I locked his account before he had a chance to delete it while he was in the process of deleting all his photos and posts. He was doing so because he decided that he no longer wished to be associated with this site.

I locked his account because I object to selective deletion of posts. It screws up the readability of topics, and it's a violation of the terms of service.

rtjw

Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />This post is about as clam as Eagle gets. many of his threads have been deleted by his good friend rtjw, who, for those of you who don't know is the owner of The Pen Shop.

Ron please clarify this for me. I just want to make sure your complimenting me or insulting me. I cant figure it out.[:D]

AdamB

Jeff, Thanks for keeping this example on the forum.

Personally I find Eagle's work both Fascinating and frustrating. Fascinating because the end result is so beautiful.
Frustrating because I can't do work like that, yet.

I wish there were more pictures of eagles work around somewhere.

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />This post is about as clam as Eagle gets. many of his threads have been deleted by his good friend rtjw, who, for those of you who don't know is the owner of The Pen Shop.

Ron please clarify this for me. I just want to make sure your complimenting me or insulting me. I cant figure it out.[:D]

It is a compliment Johnny.
It's tough running a forum where sometimes you have to do the right thing and bump a few friends. I know it ain't easy, I have respect for you being able to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom