Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Jeff, please explain that Skye is not Jeff. I had to call the guy to find out myself. His name is Skye. Jeff can tell by looking at his stuff.
I think you mean "Skye is not Eagle"

No, folks, Skye is not Eagle.

Skye

Well Ron, did I say anything over there that I havent said here? People are acting like childen. If this is adult behaviour, then I'm going to let my 4 year old start driving my car. Fact of the matter is you pulled the first punch, you outright starting namecalling, pretty sad behaviour.

It does seem like a man crush. That or a stalker. You're keeping close tabs on his activity. Mine too now appartently. Should I get a restraining order?

rtjw is free to tell me if my sig is bringing down his site and I'll change it. Personaly, I think your going to walk away crying if a warning isnt given because it's a different atmosphere there. The signature is perfect if you ask me.

Also, JW I think you meant "Skye is not Eagle", little confusion there.

Mudder, care to tell me how bumping the post and saying it's a great pen is stirring up trouble. Maybe if I post a pic of my VW Beetle in the Gen forum it'll start trouble? After all, Adolf Hitler did hire the creation of the Kafer, and nobody liked Hitler, so apparently I'm starting a riot. Of course, you can take the car for what it is, a great car. But, that's probably asking too much.

I hope everyone here never becomes unliked. If so, apparently their pens become crap too. Strange.

PS, hats off to Jeff for allowing the post to remain open.

rtjw

I am fixing to eat a hamburger and I really nedd some..........................

NAh, I just cant say the dang word! I cant stand them things anyway!

Originally posted by Skye
<br />It does seem like a man crush. That or a stalker. You're keeping close tabs on his activity. Mine too now appartently. Should I get a restraining order?

Is it now a crime to view active topics on forums where I have an interest and the ability to create items that are the main topic of discussion?

Nice try, on both forums I have registered as a member before you. I'm sure a judge will just laugh at you.

Please reread my post about trolls

JimGo

<br />Ice cream cone?
Thanks for joining me in this Skye!
200451351441_Ice%20Cream%20Cone%202.jpg

(image is from http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=338 )

BTW, Skye, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Thumbs

OK, guys. Nuff said..... We all know how you feel about Eagle and each other. Let this die the miserable lonely death it deserves. Eagle apologists, you do him a disservice by trying to resurrect his memory here. He made his own choices let him reconcile them as he needs by himself. Eagle naysayers, many agree that his mechanical/artistic talents do not compensate for his personal behaviors. Neither the apologist nor naysayer will change their points of view over an exchange of words in this forum. And an exchange of words in a "personal message" is usually even more cowardly than honest open discussion or disagreement in the public view of the forum. Since the forum rules require us to be and remain civil to each other let us drop this discussion once and for all. PLEASE.

ilikewood

Thanks for posting that pict of my daughters pen (ice cream cone). I was going to, but I had to go do some things at lunch. She still has that thing.

The one I made (see articles) was stolen from a store where it was on display.[:(]

JimGo

It's a really cool pen Bill! I especially like the tipless and CB-less design. I had found it when I joined last year, and it stuck in my memory.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OK, Now I am going to have my say...

<b>This GARBAGE is getting old.... REAL OLD REAL FAST.... </b>

It is a well known fact that Eagle and I don't get along real well.. we have had a nice phone conversation, but I doubt we will ever be life long friends sharing BBQ and Diet Cokes... But I believe we respect each others talents and that is fine with me.
He is an extremely talented pen maker and extremely innovative. I give him credit for that... I may not like all he does.. but then again I don't have to and I don't have to buy it and use it...

What I see here is a bunch of supposedly grown men acting worse than a bunch of little kids over one bag of candy. I really don't give a damn about cross posting, who copied what thread from what forum and reposted it, who said what about someone else or thought someone else said something about them... IT IS ALL CRAP... PURE AND UNADULTERATED CRAP.

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TO LEARN THE ART OF PENMAKING FROM EACH OTHER... PURE AND SIMPLE... A HOBBY THAT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE... HELL IT AIN'T EVEN SCIENCE. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN... AND IF WE CAN MAKE A BUCK AT IT EVEN BETTER.
I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER HERE SINCE JUST ABOUT THE BEGINNING... I HAVE BEEN BANNED TWO OR THREE TIMES FOR HAVING A BIG MOUTH (Sound like someone else we know??? [;)]). AT LEAST ONCE I STILL BELIEVE I WAS RAILROADED, BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE... IT WAS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE FORUM...
<b>I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS ASSININE ARGUEMENT IS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE FORUM OR PEN TURNING IN GENERAL... EXPLAIN TO ME HOW YOU ALL ARE MAKING AN IMPROVEMENT IN THE EDUCATION OF THE NEW MEMBERS (AND SOME OF US OLDER ONES) BY BEATING EACH OTHER IN THE HEAD... </b>
OK, I HAVE SAID MY MIND. YOU MAY NOW GO BACK TO YOUR MAYHEM IF YOU WISH...

ilikewood

What Griz said: Amen.

Hey Rifleman, leave the religious stuff out of here!

[:D][:D][:D]
I couldn't resist trying to stir the pot.[}:)] I am just joking with you! I agree with Tom 100%. It's fun to read Tom's stuff when he is hot under the collar and putting weight on the soapbox.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Hey Tom, speaking of sharing Diet Cokes and BBQ, when's the next Griz Fest????

I haven't recovered from the last one yet... [:p][:p][:p]

Depends on what our summer schedule is this year...

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />
<br />Ice cream cone?
Thanks for joining me in this Skye!
200451351441_Ice%20Cream%20Cone%202.jpg

(image is from http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=338 )

BTW, Skye, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Skye

Posted - Feb 17 2006 : 3:36:38 PM US Eastern Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One word: Poop.

Seriously.

ROTFLMAO!!!! [:D]

rtjw

Originally posted by Hastur
<br />Hey Skye I am just curious, how come your tag line at TPS isn't http://www.penturners.org? Just wondering why you would promote one site on the other but not both ways?

I dont really care if someone puts TPS on their sig line. But Jeff may. Especially with Skye. I dont think jeff would want the IAP site on a sig line with something like www.penturners.org (a site where sissy's live)

Of course, this is just an example. I mean nothing by it. I am just using it as an example. I know no sissy's live here. Well, maybe Coach, but he is a sissy over at TPS also.

timdaleiden

I dont think jeff would want the IAP site on a sig line with something like www.penturners.org (a site where sissy's live)

That is probably would he would put too. I kinda like (www.penturners.org, a place where we "try" to be respectful and civil), to some folks that makes us sissy's, or wimps, or babies, or worse. Go figure.

I sold my sig on ebay,
Tim

Skye

IAP doesnt need advertisement and while I like the joint, I like TPS more. Just personal prefrence. Therefore, I dont put IAP in my sig there. I love my old buds at www.volksrods.com but I dont put either in my sig there.

Nice of you to check in on me there though. Nice to know people are watching you... "Priiiivate eyes, *tsh tsh* are watching you, private aeeeeeeeeeys!"

timdaleiden

<br />
Originally posted by timdaleiden
I sold my sig on ebay,
Tim

You'd actually sell your sig. I'll bid on it. How much you want?

Sorry Johnny, it's already been purchased. I sold it for a wopping 5 cents. I did charge $250,000 for shipping and handling though…oldest scam in the book.

I sold my sig on ebay,

Tim

rtjw

Darn, I always wanted to buy some advertising like those guys that Tatoo their forehead or whatever. And then have them tatoo something like " I are a dumba$$" on their forehead.

timdaleiden

<br />Darn, I always wanted to buy some advertising like those guys that Tatoo their forehead or whatever. And then have them tatoo something like " I are a dumba$$" on their forehead.

Arrggg, don't remind me. I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of that stupid tattoo.

I sold my sig on ebay,
Tim

airrat

Couple more questions for your Skye if you preferr the TPS why do you come here to stir up issues? I find it funny that both you and Eagle are both from S.C. I find it a little untasteful that your signature has the TPS site in it. It seems to be another way for you to "stir the pot". We all know where it is and what it is.(I have no disrespect for the site or rtjw) Alot of us are members on both sites.

By doing what some of you are doing, all that is going to keep happening is a flame war between the two sites. I see negative stuff/flames posted here about TPS and some of its members, I go to TPS and see negative stuff/flames posted about here.

Personally I feel if Jeff and Johnny dont get control of certain people on their sites this little flame war is going to degrade all respectability the IAP and TPS can ever obtain. All the talk about children lately. Why dont we all grow up and act responsible and then stop this while we are ahead.

Hastur

The thing is Skye, if you didn't spackle the forums with such a condescending attitude, people wouldn't look or question what you say and do on both sites. If you are so unhappy with the way people are on this site it was your choice to join you can leave just as easily.

rtjw - you obiviously do feel -a site where sissy's live- otherwise you would not have posted it. I'm sorry you didn't agree with some people or rules on this site and decided to construct your own pen forum (which I admire) but posting something like this shows how childish you can be. If you dislike this site so much delete it from your history and favorites and stay at TPS.

rtjw

Hastur no I dont feel that way, I used it as an example of how skye thinks about this site.

As far as being childish and not liking this site, your wrong. I never said I didnt like the site.

You being only a member since june and having only 46 posts, maybe you need to sit back and read some more posts about how I feel about this site. I have done more for the IAP than you could ever think about doing for it. Out of 46 of your posts, you only posted in Introductions, Polls, SOYP, and Casual Conversation. You have only shown one pen you have made, Started a topic only twice and have more pictures in your album of wood than pens. Son, I have thrown away more money for the IAP than you spend in bills for a year. Dont believe me, check the wall at Cook's. This is one topic you dont wanna start!

Skye

Couple more questions for your Skye if you preferr the TPS why do you come here to stir up issues?

I bumped a great pen. The moronic crap that came afterwards wasn’t my doing. If people are so hellbent on hating Eagle that they cant stand to see his pen, that isn’t my fault. Some new people have joined since the thread was bumped last, they liked it, I’d say I did a good thing for them. Then, people get their shoulder chips loaded and the post goes downhill. I posted absolutely nothing derogatory in the bump, look at your buddies and ask why it went downhill.

I find it funny that both you and Eagle are both from S.C.

You have a strange sense of humor then, because it’s not funny. He lives about an hour from me and I’ve never met him.

I find it a little untasteful that your signature has the TPS site in it. It seems to be another way for you to "stir the pot". We all know where it is and what it is.(I have no disrespect for the site or rtjw) Alot of us are members on both sites.

I’m not in the business of doing what I do by what you find untastefull. If I were, I would have asked you why you continued the questioning when Johnny has defused it with the last few posts. I think you were the last one to stir the pot.

By doing what some of you are doing, all that is going to keep happening is a flame war between the two sites. I see negative stuff/flames posted here about TPS and some of its members, I go to TPS and see negative stuff/flames posted about here.

Doing what? As I said before, I bumped the post, new people saw the pen, the locals decided to drag the thread down into the mud. Go back and reread it since the initial bump incase you don’t understand. Wont take you but 3 minutes to figure it out.

Personally I feel if Jeff and Johnny dont get control of certain people on their sites this little flame war is going to degrade all respectability the IAP and TPS can ever obtain. All the talk about children lately. Why dont we all grow up and act responsible and then stop this while we are ahead.

For the third time. Go back, read my bump, then pay attention to the attitude of the posts after that. Then decide who started the problem.

The thing is Skye, if you didn't spackle the forums with such a condescending attitude, people wouldn't look or question what you say and do on both sites. If you are so unhappy with the way people are on this site it was your choice to join you can leave just as easily.

My attitude is my choice. If you read my first posts on this forum you would see I was very level headed. Then I post my opinions on the PMG, next thing you know I’m the biggest a-hole since Pol Pot. Unfortunately, the my attitude is partially to do with the people here who act like they’re innocents but are just as guilty. Check out the <b>homemade spalting post</b> in the penturning forum. I post a link to a helpful site, then some burnout parrothead decides to take a dig at me out of nowhere. Yeah, but I’m the bad guy. Right.

Hastur, love the way you know people better than they know themselves. That's peachy.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Skye,

I for one find you informative and truly appreciate your efforts. You have asked those contributing to both forums to act as adults, which is an excellent point. Then, in an incredible demonstration, you take the effort to call people names, insinuate "man crushes," discuss your toilet habits, use inappropriate language, and in general give a dead on impersonation of an immature individual. Trust me, your efforts to instruct the rest of us in the fine art of mature social discourse is appreciated by all who understand your incredible skills in the arena of social satire.

Keep up the good work,

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are driving me up the baloney tree!

A few thoughts...

penturners.org and thepenshop.net can peacefully coexist IF the folks on both sides will just knock off this nonsense. This quoting back and forth of things said on the other site, digging up old topics to prove a point, bashing each other over commas and apostrophes is ridiculous. Focus your debating energy on important things like Ford/Chevy, Red/Blue, Pro-Life/Pro-Choice.

Johnny and I have a fine relationship. We email, we talk on the phone, and I'd sure enjoy sitting down to a meal and a few beers with him. He has indeed been one of the most active in promoting the IAP, and we should all be grateful for that. Why he's running TPS has nothing to do with how he feels about this site, or the people here. Folks, it's between Johnny and I, and as long as we're good with the situation, I'd like to ask that you just let it be. Settle in to whichever site you wish, or both if you're so inclined. Each has a unique personality and there's room on this big Internet for both.

STOP BASHING EAGLE! He's not a bad guy. He has a "unique" way of dealing with people which I think he and I mutually agree doesn't fit with the personality of this site, but he doesn't deserve to be flamed in absentia. I did some things he didn't like, and he did some things I didn't like, and now he hangs his skew at TPS. I admit that I don't miss his tirades, but I do miss his work. I visit TPS on a regular basis to see what he's up to.

I want to lock this topic, but I'm not going to. For some mysterious reason, I have some bit of faith that you can all clean up this mess and get back to making some shavings.

Skye

One thing I hope we can agree on is that Pentarsia is probably one of best looking pens to come across the site. To lock the post means it's going to be dropped off the map, which would be too bad.

Also, I swear, if you say one cross word about the color red, it's go time baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom