Pendant Video?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kemosabe62

Kemosabe62

Looking for YouTube video or similar on Pendant turning. I have read, and am rereading the
pendant turorial. It helps, but a video is so much more educational. If any are available, please send the link.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Anthony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kemosabe62

Found 2 tutorials on Ed's (Yo-Yo Spin's) site. Now where can I get that
tool he mentions. Appreciate any other pendant videos any body can come up with.

Anthony

AlanZ

You are most welcome. I have two of the pendant backer plates... very useful tools.

My wife and I are going to teach a workshop on making pendants this Thursday (Oct 7) at the Hudson Valley Woodturner's Club... our local club that meets in New City, NY.

If anyone in the NY/NJ area would like to attend, dtop me a private message and I'll supply the details.

Kemosabe62

I thought of something that, through my reading may have an impact on turning these.
Especially since I've ordered the backer plates already. I have a Jet "midi" lathe,
is the backer plate gonna work on this lathe? I figure it'll jump like the dickens, but is
it do'able. I mean is the lathe heavy enough for this to work?
I am gonna get a larger lathe one day, just not any time soon. Anybody have experience with this?

:p

Anthony

Last edited:

Jim Burr

Banned
Have the deluxe set up and plates...They make great stuff. You really don't need a video, just tape it up and see what happens!! Get the M2 stopper mandrel from Ruth Niles and there will be no stopping you!

mick

I thought of something that, through my reading may have an impact on turning these.
Especially since I've ordered the backer plates already. I have a Jet "midi" lathe,
is the backer plate gonna work on this lathe? I figure it'll jump like the dickens, but is
it do'able. I mean is the lathe heavy enough for this to work?
I am gonna get a larger lathe one day, just not any time soon. Anybody have experience with this?

:p

Anthony

Anthony my Jet will jump a bit if you try to turn too far off center. Just keep the speed down and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom