PC purse hanger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

Just when I think it is safe, I feel the force and the effect that Darth Toni has had re-surfaces. A purse hanger with the insert made from pc. The insert was actually made on the purse hanger, baked and carefully sanded, taped with masking tape and 3 coats of spray on poly. The next one will be done on a fixture holding a thin wood disk with the pc and using a ca finish, then glued to the hanger. All comments appreciated and welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• purse hanger.jpg
    purse hanger.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 238
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crickett

What a wonderful idea!! I have a few of the hangers on order and was thinking of turning acrylic for them but this opens up a whole bunch of different ideas!!

Great job you did on it!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Besides being nicely made,it's very interesting too. I have no idea what a purse hanger is though:confused: It appears to me that the links can wrap around the disc and it looks like a small magnet in it.??

Please explain how it works:biggrin:

jaywood1207

Besides being nicely made,it's very interesting too. I have no idea what a purse hanger is though:confused: It appears to me that the links can wrap around the disc and it looks like a small magnet in it.??

Please explain how it works:biggrin:

The disc is put on a table so that the links hang down over the edge of the table. You can then hang your purse on it so your purse isn't sitting on the floor. When you aren't using it the lins fold around the disc so it is nice and compact and there is a magnet in there to hold it in shape. If you google it for images there are lots to see.

Disclaimer: I do not have a purse and never will. I just know about it because Jodi has one and I've made a few. :biggrin:

Nice job on the hanger Gary. I have several with acrylic and corian but like the PC better.

CaptG

As Jamie said. The magnets hold it closed while in the velvet pouch that comes with the kit. The one posted is now sold, so I took a picture of one with no insert yet, folded up, and also with my WIFES PURSE hanging under a counter in my shop office.

Attachments

• purse hanger 002.jpg
    purse hanger 002.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 123
  • purse hanger 003.jpg
    purse hanger 003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 126

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
As Jamie said. The magnets hold it closed while in the velvet pouch that comes with the kit. The one posted is now sold, so I took a picture of one with no insert yet, folded up, and also with my WIFES PURSE hanging under a counter in my shop office.

Yeah yeah, we believe you Gary!!!:tongue::biggrin:

Toni

Yeah yeah, we believe you Gary!!!:tongue::biggrin:
ROFLMAO!! Yep sure have missed you Steven!!

Gary looks great!! Well done

nava1uni

Nicely done. However, I tend to think that Toni is not Darth Vador, but rather Yoda. The introduction of this amazing material has made many pen makers take a turn at the color and design with very nice results.

Top Bottom