Miniature Birdhouses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

Here are my attempts at making these christmas tree ornaments. I made 21 in all. They are made from several different woods. They range in size from 1 1/2 to 2 inhes round and from 4 to 6 inches long. They are fun to make. Hope you enjoy them.

Augustpens2010002.jpg

Augustpens2010003.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sdemars

Very nice . . .

Very nice indeed . . . .

They look great . . .

Steve

P.S. What city are you nearest in North Alabama . . . reason I ask, I am looking at the Fort Payne area to relocate . . . afordable land & pretty country . . .

Steve

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Keith what an excellent display of ornamental birdhouses you have made.I like you dispaly turntable too. Have you ever tried making some individual stands for those that would like to show them off all year long. Let me know if you need some ornament hanger wires if you make your on bases.
Pat

jlmort1980

Look awsome Keith,

Do you do them in two pieces or just one???? I do a quite larger version of the same thing and am just wondering? Do you sell them? Is it worth doing them for profit? Cuz they are really fun to make!!! As I am sure you know........

Jlmort

keithlong

Hey Jim,
I make them in 2 pieces, the tops are glued into the birdhouse. I hollow them with a forstner bit. I made these for gifts for my wife's co-workers. I did carry them to a craft show and displayed them and several people looked at them, but did not sell a single one. So they will go as gifts as they were intended.

jttheclockman

These look great. Thanks for showing.

I too make birdhouses that I sell and also give away. I have had great successs selling them. I can say this the red cardinal is the top selling bird. People look for that.

PaulDoug

Very nice work. I'm into the mini-birdhouse thing. Gives lots of practice for turning things other than pens, without having to have a lot of wood.

Top Bottom