One hell of a pen blank...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Crab Apple?

Bruce

Hello Mr. Bruce, long time don't see...! how's things mate...???:wink::biggrin:

Sorry, your answer is incorrect...!:frown:

I see some good name varieties being mentioned and off-course, is only a matter of time before we run out of Apple name varieties but in the mean time, lets see who's going to get it right.

I can also say that, and while quite common on the 60's, 70's, is not seen that much in out present times, other varieties have obviously become better adapted to larger plantations however, it is still found in some markets...!

PS: Just an extra fact, I have never seen such resilience in survive to a Termite attack, as these Apple trees, you will see what I mean when I show you some pics of their condition when I cut them down and after they fruited for the last time...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

marksman

Well, there's only a few left. Royal Gala was only introduced to Australia in the 80's so my next guess is going to be a Jonathan....but I see The Penguin beat me to it. If that's not it I guess Fiji.

Last edited:

Janster

Fugi, Gala?
Royal Gala
blank.gif
apple_both.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
Jonathan
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
Golden Delicious
blank.gif
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
Red Delicious
blank.gif
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
Jonagold
blank.gif
blank.gif
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
Fuji
blank.gif
blank.gif
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
Braeburn
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
Pink Lady™
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
blank.gif
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
Granny Smith
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
Jazz™
blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
apple_green.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
apple_red.png
blank.gif
Sundowner

Last edited:

robutacion

Wow, there are lots of guesses in here lately and and I reckon I've got a winner but, and to tease a little further, lets just say that, I will give it another 48 hours to allow a second winner to come through, there is, a second person will have the chance to name the species correctly also and get an identical prize.

All but, the person that already guessed it correctly, are welcome to try again however, I'm not saying who that person his so, that makes for an interesting proposition, huh????:wink::)

If the person that already guessed it correctly, gets it again, that wont count so, that's anyone's game...!

Good luck,

PS: Please note that, and I have to make this very clear so that are no doubts latter, anyone that accepts to participate in these type "games/challenges/events/answer it correctly" threads or whatever you would like to call them, is accepting to pay form the shipping to have the blanks posted to him/her or, advise that he/she will be "passing" on the free blanks prize so, no one is "forced" to have to pay for shipping, if they so decided, while they can still participate just for the fun of it, all fine by me...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Yeah, I know, I'm a bastard, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

In the mean time, and not mentioning if you ever got the correct answer already, you can just give it another go, and get a couple more nice pens made while we all "suffer", including me...!:)

Cheers
George

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks guys and gals...!

The tree species is in fact a "famous" fruit producer in Australia, I'm not sure about other countries...!

No, is not part of the root, is in fact from the main trunk of the old tree...!

As for the "Iwantit tree" I would like to know what the Google search said about it, as this is one of the most common tree/wood species from all over the world, so much so that, "fiik" and "youain'tgotachance" subspecies were created as a result...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

They are other "variants" also...!:)

I may use this blank to turn a pen for the tree owner but, I already gave him a few pens from other tree species that I removed from his property so, I may turn something else for him (bowl, platter, vase, not sure yet, oh I know... a jewellery box for the wife, I haven't done one of those for him, yet...!:biggrin:

Maybe one of you endup with this exact blank so that it can made into a pen, "maybe", I will thing about it...!:smile-big:

Cheers
George

George: I think you should turn, for him, his Cremation Urn, because when he sees this piece of wood, he'll be willing to die for it! :) :) Internal dimensions need to be an average of 220 cubic inches. I'm going to make mine approx. 500 inches so my wife and I can be interred together, and still have "breathing" room. :eek::biggrin:

robutacion

Hahahahah, I applaud your confidence but, I'm not going to get you out of the hook yet, did you guessed it correctly...??? I'm not telling...!:wink: so, fair enough, go and get some pens done but, try other names you haven't used already, you never know if one of them is the correct one...!

PS" Oh... the shipping (500gr.) to the USA is AU$19.02 via Registered Air-Mail (at the moment) or AU$12.70 if sent Regular Air-mail, I don't get much trouble with it but I don't think that for the AU$6.50 difference is worthy the risk...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Hummm, excuse me...! what is all this "robutacion ripple root" about...??? a new tree species or is a new ice-cream variety...???, it sounds like one :wink::biggrin:

There a good half a dozen new blanks that I'm yet to work on but from cutting them to dry, I can tell that I got a few good "doozies" in there, what are you going to say, then...???:rolleyes::)

Cheers
George

Tim'sTurnings

How about Newtown Pippin apples. (You could say "Pip...Pip Old Chap", quite a "doozie" of a saying. ROFLOL.
(If I win I do not need blanks. I already got some great olivewood from you)
Tim.

Last edited:

robutacion

How about Newtown Pippin apples. (You could say "Pip...Pip Old Chap", quite a "doozie" of a saying. ROFLOL.
(If I win I do not need blanks. I already got some great olivewood from you)
Tim.

No, no, no, none of those, sorry...!:redface:

It's funny, only because you "won" some blanks from me before, that doesn't mean that you can't get more/others, everyone has equal rights and chances with these type "games" so, go for your life mate...!:wink::biggrin:

Another interesting thing is that, at least 10 members here, should know the correct answer or at least, the Apple wood varieties I have but, only one member used the information available, interesting...!:rolleyes::)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom