Olive wood shaving set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I ordered some olive wood from George (robutacion) and he generously threw in about 6 extra blanks (thank you!).

While trying to figure out what pen kit to make with them, I decided to make a shaving set. All the kits were from CCUSA.

So, George, this pic is for you:)

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Olive wood shave set 24K.jpg
    Olive wood shave set 24K.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Thanks for the compliments, everyone, very much appreciated.

Yes, George does a great job on the blanks. First time I've bought from him - won't be the last!

magpens

Really GREAT shaving set !! You've done fine work showing off that olive wood from George. Can you tell us, please, how you did the finishing ?

robutacion

I ordered some olive wood from George (robutacion) and he generously threw in about 6 extra blanks (thank you!).

While trying to figure out what pen kit to make with them, I decided to make a shaving set. All the kits were from CCUSA.

So, George, this pic is for you:)

C & C welcome.

Wow mate,

I can see almost every type of grain from a Olive tree on that set...!:biggrin:

Great work and brilliant way to showcase the Australian Olive wood, thank you...!

Cheers
George

elkhorn

Thanks, Mal and George.
Mal, the finish is wipe on poly. I tried CA but had to keep sanding it off (I'm terrible at CA finishes:roll eyes:)

George, your blanks were exceptional. Thanks again.

mmayo

I finally tried a BLO CA finish and achieved a very nice to the touch, grip able semigloss finish. It felt better with wet hands than glossy CA so I stayed with it. It seems waterproof so far. Sorry for the cell phone photo which does not do justice to the sheen.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000A96_zpsyapq49jz.jpg

Olivewood is on my radar now and leopardwood and bocote and...

Last edited:

elkhorn

Thanks, Mark. Your brush is nicely done. I may have to go back and try the BLO and CA.

elkhorn

Thanks, Mike, I appreciate it! Maybe we can get you to try it on your beard:rolleyes:?

Top Bottom