Now What?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PreacherJon

I just ordered a California 5 gallon Pressure Pot from Amazon for $265.
Now what? What does everyone use for resin's? Is there a tutorial anywhere?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I just ordered a California 5 gallon Pressure Pot from Amazon for $265.
Now what? What does everyone use for resin's? Is there a tutorial anywhere?
How did you get it for $265. They are $299 just about everywhere they sell them. That is one of those companys that does not discount their tools for certain vendors. Just curious.

I use Silmar41 and also Liquid Diamods epoxy resins. They say epoxy resins do not need pressure but I take no chances. Read instructions on tank. I believe 80lbs is max on those. I do not go over 60. I know nothing about Alumilite. Too many variables with that stuff just from reading all the complaints. See if you can pull up old threads about casting here. Plenty of them and read till you have enough knowledge. Alot is going to depend on what you want to do with it. Take it slow. It is another expensive rat hole you are going down. Good luck. By the way there is a whole slew of articles in the library about casting. You need to check them out.

I will say those tanks are set up for casting so you should be good to go. I would put a test on it before you put anything in it to see if it holds and you get the feel for what you are doing. I also would mark all the lock down bolts with a marker and a number. so that you put the lid back on always the same way and same order because they will warp and you just keep things as first set up. When tightening always tighten with alternating pattern like you do when installing a tire on a car. Never tighten in a row.

I just went to Amazon and seen this for $265 and comes with 25 foot hose. A little red flag is going up in my head because there is no rating on the tool and it is not advertised as the others always are. It list the store as California. TCP Global makes one and it is identical to the California one and run same price. Now I have no idea if one makes for each other. Just never seen that price for that tank finished out as it is. The prices is usually even higher than $299 at most vendors. Maybe someone is more versed on this and would weigh in here. The lowest price I saw on Amazon was $318. The reason I am interested is because I have been thinking of stepping up from my Harbor Freight one now that I am doing alot more casting and that one is over 15 years old. I will have to talk with Chad at Turners and see if he is selling TCP or California ones. Amazon ships from various companies and one that I seen was from some auto store and had bad reviews. Amazon is changing their return policy so need to make sure it is returnable and thus I suggest the test run as soon as you get it.

For all my needs a 2-1/2 gallon pot is all I need. I have racks already made for the HF one and works well. 5 gal is a big pot.

Last edited:

PreacherJon

How did you get it for $265. They are $299 just about everywhere they sell them. That is one of those companys that does not discount their tools for certain vendors. Just curious.

I use Silmar41 and also Liquid Diamods epoxy resins. They say epoxy resins do not need pressure but I take no chances. Read instructions on tank. I believe 80lbs is max on those. I do not go over 60. I know nothing about Alumilite. Too many variables with that stuff just from reading all the complaints. See if you can pull up old threads about casting here. Plenty of them and read till you have enough knowledge. Alot is going to depend on what you want to do with it. Take it slow. It is another expensive rat hole you are going down. Good luck. By the way there is a whole slew of articles in the library about casting. You need to check them out.

I will say those tanks are set up for casting so you should be good to go. I would put a test on it before you put anything in it to see if it holds and you get the feel for what you are doing. I also would mark all the lock down bolts with a marker and a number. so that you put the lid back on always the same way and same order because they will warp and you just keep things as first set up. When tightening always tighten with alternating pattern like you do when installing a tire on a car. Never tighten in a row.

I just went to Amazon and seen this for $265 and comes with 25 foot hose. A little red flag is going up in my head because there is no rating on the tool and it is not advertised as the others always are. It list the store as California. TCP Global makes one and it is identical to the California one and run same price. Now I have no idea if one makes for each other. Just never seen that price for that tank finished out as it is. The prices is usually even higher than $299 at most vendors. Maybe someone is more versed on this and would weigh in here. The lowest price I saw on Amazon was $318. The reason I am interested is because I have been thinking of stepping up from my Harbor Freight one now that I am doing alot more casting and that one is over 15 years old. I will have to talk with Chad at Turners and see if he is selling TCP or California ones. Amazon ships from various companies and one that I seen was from some auto store and had bad reviews. Amazon is changing their return policy so need to make sure it is returnable and thus I suggest the test run as soon as you get it.

For all my needs a 2-1/2 gallon pot is all I need. I have racks already made for the HF one and works well. 5 gal is a big pot.
It came in today. I did all the tests you recommended and it passed. The box was California Air Tools.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 31

jttheclockman

It came in today. I did all the tests you recommended and it passed. The box was California Air Tools.
Very good. That is a big boy one. After your post I decided I needed to upgrade so I bought the 2-1/2 Gal because that is all I need for what I do. I did a review of mine and they are well built and recommend them to anyone getting into casting. yes they are more expensive than a Harbor Freight but well worth the security and safety they do offer. Good luck and hope to see some terrific stuff come out of there.

Top Bottom