Having no water really stinks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

It's like being at a Boy Scout weekend campout here at our house. I just got done hoisting a new jug of water up on the sink and boiling a pot in order to do the dinner dishes. Either our pressure switch went out -- or the pump itself. No water, and we have a geothermal HVAC, so no Air Conditioning either. The best we could do was to have someone come over in the morning to diagnose the problem -- and hopefully fix it. I'm glad it is supposed to get down into the 60's tonight. Tomorrows FC is 80+ though.

Thanks for letting me complain.
It helps.

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Several years ago I had both a geothermal AC and a water well. They functioned independently of each other. Could you somehow have lost power to both circuits?

egnald

Several years ago I had both a geothermal AC and a water well. They functioned independently of each other. Could you somehow have lost power to both circuits?
No - power is OK, pressure just sitting at 0 PSI. Everything else is working as it should.
It is probably the pump. We have lived here 23 years and who knows how long it was down there pumping before we moved in.
I'm sure our geothermal taxes it pretty heavily as well - no pun intended.
Dave

BoonareeBurl

It's like being at a Boy Scout weekend campout here at our house. I just got done hoisting a new jug of water up on the sink and boiling a pot in order to do the dinner dishes. Either our pressure switch went out -- or the pump itself. No water, and we have a geothermal HVAC, so no Air Conditioning either. The best we could do was to have someone come over in the morning to diagnose the problem -- and hopefully fix it. I'm glad it is supposed to get down into the 60's tonight. Tomorrows FC is 80+ though.

Thanks for letting me complain.
It helps.

Dave
I had to deal with no water a few weeks ago when the water service line on our property broke. Took the landlord a couple days to get someone out here. Not fun, but thankfully our neighbor let us use her outside hose to fill buckets to flush the toilet, etc.

Hope you get your water going soon,

G

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
No - power is OK, pressure just sitting at 0 PSI. Everything else is working as it should.
It is probably the pump. We have lived here 23 years and who knows how long it was down there pumping before we moved in.
I'm sure our geothermal taxes it pretty heavily as well - no pun intended.
Dave
It's Fixed! Yay! - The start capacitor was the problem. At least that's how it looked, the little plug wasn't out, but it was bulged up quite a bit. That and one of the inline fuses was blown. (I'm sure glad it wasn't the pump!) - Dave
Great news

Top Bottom