Need a tube in mold made for Elegant Royale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

healeydays

Folks,

I have been getting ready to put out a series of watch parts pen blanks for the Elegant Royale, but my problem is I can't find anyone to make me a couple tube in molds for them. Anyone have the capability that can help me out?

Thanks,
Mike B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sabaharr

Some of the sellers of the tube-in-molds will make a one off mold for you on request. If they think they can sell more they might not even charge the premium setup. Won't hurt to ask a few.

its_virgil

You do not necessarily need a mold for that specific kit. Other molds may work. For example, I cast bolt action blanks in the sierra mold.

Maybe reading this will give you some other suggestions.Using Clear Cast Resin to make Pens - The Woodworkers Institute

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Folks,

I have been getting ready to put out a series of watch parts pen blanks for the Elegant Royale, but my problem is I can't find anyone to make me a couple tube in molds for them. Anyone have the capability that can help me out?

Thanks,
Mike B

healeydays

Thanks Don, but I've already tried to MacGyver something using a different mold. None of the 20+ molds I already have (pretty much have the collection) fit what I'm trying to do.

I've tried to get creative...

Mike

Sabaharr

Then it is time to break down and hit the Michael's for some silicon mold material. All you need is a box to house the whole mold and a couple of drilled and tubed blanks just a smidge over length of the tubes. Plug the ends about a quarter inch deep so you will have some plugs to mount the tubes on and make yourself some molds. There are numerous you tube vids on how to do it. I have found that my comfort zone is a deterrent to my creativity so I shatter it as often as I get an opportunity.

healeydays

Contact Fred ptownsubbie and he might have one...

Already did a few months ago and Fred couldn't help.

As for making my own molds, done that, and they hold up for a few castings, but am looking to do many many dozens (have 50 watch part tubes ready to be cast) , so need quality molds that will hold up over time.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I hope you find someone....There are a lot of those kits out there. BTW a mold made for PSI Polaris might well work the tube is a little different diameter but otherwise the same. I think there are a couple of other PSI pens that use that same tube and probably some others as well.

Last edited:

southernclay

Would the mold made for the Polaris work? It works for the civil war pen and others. I don't have the elegant royale tube any longer to check length.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

PSNCO

Elegant Royale is 3/8"/U sized tube the same length as a Polaris or Patriot or Atlas or cabara (3/8" tube).........

Logic would dictate that PTownSubbie's Patriot mold would work just fine?

(Correct me if I'm wrong. I work for the government, so we don't use logic too often.)

Rick_G

Do a search here for mold making. I have made my own for the sierra using silicon caulking. I think it's the caulking with acetone in it but I'm not sure now it was a few years ago. Not that hard to make. Just build a reverse out of wood coat it with wax so the silicon won't stick. i used small corks to plug the ends of the tubes and then wax coated pins through the ends of the mold to keep the tube off the bottom. They will eventually wear out but if you keep your mold for the mold you can always make another. Silicone caulking is pretty cheap.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Elegant Royale is 3/8"/U sized tube the same length as a Polaris or Patriot or Atlas or cabara (3/8" tube).........

Logic would dictate that PTownSubbie's Patriot mold would work just fine?

(Correct me if I'm wrong. I work for the government, so we don't use logic too often.)
It is a tad smaller diameter than the 3/8th (drill bit size) tubes in those pen kits but the same length. A mold built for any of them should work.

mediopolis

Call a jewelry contract casting company. They make lots of RTV molds for jewelry and can probably make you a custom one no problem.

Top Bottom