Mr. Anonymous Game #18 @ 18/02/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi George,

My blanks showed up today, thanks again. I really like the variety you included. The two shorts (B2?) are pretty wild!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for letting me know...!

B2...???? na... it should be something else, was it #26B...??? or 2 Amboyna shorts...??? I can't recall as I select these groups of blanks, on the spot and by looking around, I grab them and put them in the box/envelope...!

Take a pic and show it here, just to be sure...!

Cheers
George

Skewer

Looks like a wooden brain :biggrin: I guess the one looks more like a Z, now that I'm looking at it more closely.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 173

robutacion

Looks like a wooden brain :biggrin: I guess the one looks more like a Z, now that I'm looking at it more closely.

Yes, they are #26 Platypus Gun Burl spalted extreme ( B2 = Burl spalted extreme, B1 = Burl spalted regular/half blank spalted)

These are basically blanks from the very centre of the big burl the wife and I duged out, the centre was pretty rotten but, after the wood was dry, they made very interesting blanks, similar to my cigar wood from the Curly Gum rotten root.

I don't really like to use the work "rotten", people know mostly as spalted however, there are woods that don't really spalt, such as the Curly Gum but the Platypus Gum burl I got, had all stages in it, from decomposed, heavily spalted, mildly spalted and pure clean burl.

I still have lots of these old blanks, I once had all types listed on eBay but, I removed them a couple of years ago and, I haven't yet listed them all on my new web-store, I have a couple of types in there, but not all...!

I remember to have made one sample from each type I saw coming out of that burl, I actually posted them in here on post #29.

I didn't have the stabilization set up, at that time, I sold lots of them as is, with a warning that, they would snap easily, they required hardening to be workable...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom