Mr. Anonymous Game #18 @ 18/02/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

robutacion

What's happened with all of you folks...??? did you all run out of woods to guess...???

I'm going to tell you all a secret, since I started this #18 game, my foot has never stop throbbing and being itchy, amazing how thoughts can make your brain react, huh...???

Does this ring the bell to any of you folks...???:eek::wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is....???

Ok, Ok, that's enough of suffering and time to deliver the truth...!

As many have guessed, the correct answer was #26 Platypus Gum Burl, the spalted was left on the pack so, we all knew that was spalted...!

034.jpg

I have counted 11 people that gave the correct answer, of-course that was because, I dragged it a little (some will say "a lot"). Anyway, this time I'm only award the first person that guessed it correctly, and that is Skewer, congratulations mate, you were quick on your feet...!:wink:

You will receive a combination of all Platypus Gum blanks I have, these will be 8 or 12 blanks, you decided. The corresponding shipping charges will be AU$14.00 for 8 blanks or $18.00 for 12 blanks.

Payments made to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au, thanks.

The truth is, if I'm to award all the 11 participants, there will be almost no one else to play or, be able to claim the next prize so, what I will do is to offer to the other 10 members that provided the correct answer, the opportunity to claim an extra 4 blanks (you pay the shipping difference) if any of these members win the next game, is like a paying forwards prize...!

So, the names of these 10 members are, (in order they responded)

*- wyone (28-02)
*- Cwalker935
*- southernclay
*- lyonsacc
*- Edward Cypher
*- fitty
*- 1080Wayne
*- Skeleton2014 (28-02)
*- SMJ1957
*- edohmann (28-02)

The names marked with the (28-02) means that, their DL ends on that day so, if these guys get it right in the next game and that game happens to be before that date, sorry folks, that won't count.

I need also to make sure that, all those in this list understand that, this paying it forwards prize, is only valid for the next game #19 and not pass that, capish...????:wink:

I'm not going to expand much about the Platypus Gum Burl story here because, there is a thread of mine that tells it all very well so, for those unaware of that story, I suggest you have a look here I advise that the new readers should read the whole thread, most of the crazy stuff is somewhere in the middle of the thread...!

OK so and always, thank you to all participants, it was fun...!:)

Until a next time, have fun and be good...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Skeleton2014

On the 4 extra blanks... Capish, I think. On game #16, the official start was 01/27 and the final awards were 01/28, so we'd be off the DL with a new game starting 02/28 (31 days in January)? Just want to make sure my math is correct.
Thanks, Jeff

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I love that itchy bull ant/Platypus gum story, George. I've read it several times & I think it's your best one. I feel for the pain you & Marissa went through and the back-breaking work to get this awesome wood - plus all the expenses involved & burning up something like 2 large chain saws and some 20 chains.

Congratulations Jeff - you are one lucky guy - this is some very special wood indeed!

Thanks again to George & Mr. A for another fun & educational contest.

robutacion

On the 4 extra blanks... Capish, I think. On game #16, the official start was 01/27 and the final awards were 01/28, so we'd be off the DL with a new game starting 02/28 (31 days in January)? Just want to make sure my math is correct.
Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Don't take the DL time so seriously, it was implemented to allow everyone an equal chance at the prizes.

The discussed time of 30 days, is based on 4 weeks from the game start date, which is always shown on the game title.

In this case, your observation is correct, it started on the 27/1/15 and the 4 weeks end on the 27/2/15, I may have looked at the post where I awarded the prizes, and that was in fact on the 28/1 so, I will rectify the DL end date on the game #18 awarding post, my apologies for the mistake...!

You now may ask me, if for example I start game #19 on the 26/02 and the awarding is done on the 27/02, would you be entitle to claim the prize..??

You have to remember the reason why the 4 weeks DL time exist however, I see no need to be over tight with any of the games rules and a day more or a day less, is not something that bothers me, more than that, it may cause an issue and that is the reason that I sometimes look at the DL dates and try to create the games the games on dates that don't offer much conflict but that, may change if or when, a game drags for days before the winner is announced/awarded but, the chances of that happen, are in fact very slim...!

I hope my answer did resolve your raised issue...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

I love that itchy bull ant/Platypus gum story, George. I've read it several times & I think it's your best one. I feel for the pain you & Marissa went through and the back-breaking work to get this awesome wood - plus all the expenses involved & burning up something like 2 large chain saws and some 20 chains.

Congratulations Jeff - you are one lucky guy - this is some very special wood indeed!

Thanks again to George & Mr. A for another fun & educational contest.

Thanks Edgar, it was certainly a hell of a time and certainly that one could take to state of mind one has to have to take it the way I/we did, I decided that I wanted it and that was it.

As for the cost each square inch of this burl cost us, if I was to price each blank according to that reality, they would be prices as high or higher than my most expensive Resifills and those have to be the Banksia Hairy pods however, and I made this observation in that story and many other where the costs to us were considerable, I always said that, you can really use that, as a fair excuse to over price the blanks, I understand that, many folks out there, would not have any hesitation whatsoever to take advantage of the situation but, that is not me nor the way I do things, as most of you know.

Pricing the blanks that I process from this burl, are based on what I see as a tree burl species that, is quite rare but, not the most exceptional in colouration so, I priced them as I price any other "average" burl woods and call it fair. The story, is simply a great way to know and appreciate what sometimes we and many other wood fanatics, are willing to do, to bring home the bacon/wood.

In all fairness, I have not done that much promoting of this wood, these last couple of years, most of this burl has been sold or is processed and stored away, I don't have that much left and I have no idea to sell it all in a hurry, I like to be able to talk about it ever so often and have a few blanks to share, and that was precisely the main reason why I selected these blanks for this game #18, I'm glad that I did...!

Cheers
George

Krash

Congrats to all who got the correct answer. I know you'll be richly rewarded!

"Ant" George never disappoints! :biggrin:

Skewer

Hi George,

My blanks showed up today, thanks again. I really like the variety you included. The two shorts (B2?) are pretty wild!

Jeff

Top Bottom