Mr. Anonymous Game #19 @ 1/03/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

Another month is gone and a new one is starting so, lets get the roll going, shall we...???

I was on the lathe yesterday to make a pen for the Lady (Emma) from Shopify that, helped me since day one with getting the new web-store up and running.

She is in Canada and, she took care of the more technical stuff that I didn't wanted to get into it, too complicated and prone to big mistakes so, I decided that was better to pay her for her expert advice and services.

When I first finished the initial theme that my web-store was built around, I offered to make her a pen with one of my blanks, she only needed to select the kit and the blank, she accepted the offer but, she never decided on what she wanted so I waited.

Months later, I had to change that theme, due to the fact that, was no longer supported by Shopify and had to select a more "modern" theme that would also support better all the gadgets people use to be on the Internet.

I was quite annoyed that I had to do lots of work again to update the theme and change all the settings but Emma, once again, was there to give me a hand (paid by the hour).

This time, she decided that was time to give me her decision on kit and blank. Interestingly, I was expecting her to select a high end kit but, she said that, with the cold weather, when she is working on her tablet, the screen fails to react when she touches it, she said that was due to the cold ginger tips so, she wanted a pen with a rubber ball tom be used on the tablet.

She made the decision on what she wanted, I did not give her any suggestions of any king so, when she told me what she wanted, I was quite surprised.

I turned the pen yesterday in today, I took a couple of pics and pack it away for posting tomorrow, I was going to show those pics in the "Show your pens" but then, I decided to use it and do game #19. The pen has 6 coats of CA.

Now, the question has 3 parts and they go like this;

*- What wood species did I use on this pen...???

*- What is the correct colour name of the resin mix...???

*- What is the name of the kit used on this pen...???

007.JPG 010.JPG

The winner will be awarded with 8 or 12 blanks from my stables, the winner decides if he/she wants to spend AU$14 or AU$18 in shipping, respectively...!:)

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Sprung

#68 - Pine Bark

Sky Blue

Stylus Slimline in 24k Gold from Timberbits (In case plating choice/options are being factored in too!)

robutacion

alankulwicki7

#62 Fig Tree wood

Sky Blue

Stylus Slimline in gold from Timberbits

Is that, all you can give me...??:eek:

Cheers
George

Is this what you are looking for?:confused:

Australian #62 Fig Tree wood, Stabilized and cast (Resifill)

Sky Blue

Stylus Slimline in gold from Timberbits

No, no, I was referring to the number of guesses and the woods you picked so far...!!! hahahaha:biggrin:

George

I figured I would get some guesses in before I go to bed and all the experts move from Edgar's puzzles to this one!:biggrin:

Sprung

Looking again, it could be Stone Acacia (#47)

Sky Blue

Stylus Slimline in Gold from Timberbits

Sprung

Or maybe it could be Amboyna Burl

Sky Blue

Sprung

Or maybe #30 - Bottlebrush Tree Root

Sky Blue

Sprung

How about #57 - Peppercorn Tree Burl

Sky Blue

Sprung

#9 - Colonial Red Gum Burl

Sky Blue

robutacion

I can see that, some of you are very keen in winning some blanks, huh..???:wink::biggrin:

I made my first batch of these wood Resifills, at the end of July last year, the pics were taken a few after that, they were in my lolly-shop for months before I decided that was time to list them, only a couple are missing from that batch and one I used it yesterday so, they haven't attracted buyers but, I'm pleased that Emma selected this wood as she wanted something very Aussie, she is certainly getting get and a very feminine pen, in my view.

My main concerned is that, this is a cheap kit and I don't think the plating will last long, if she is using it as often as she made me believe, on her tablet, the rubber end comes out without much effort and I doubt she wouldn't lose that rubber before it gets worn out. I'm not sure of other better kits for this type of use, I've seen a couple but I don't recall names, while I know how to turn and finish a pen, pen making is not my "thing"m my interest and passion is in blanks making so that other turners, better than me can make them shine...!

I've got a few more of these pen "gifts" to make, I already have the kits (actually since last year) but, I haven't put my mind on doing those yet but, they need to be done before the end of the year otherwise, people will grow cobwebs behind their ears, waiting...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

PS: Geeezzzz...! how many "clues" have I give, here...?????

Cheers
George

Top Bottom