Magnetic Cap Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

I've never made a magnetic cap pen because I didn't want to take a chance on a recipient killing themselves (pacemaker failure) or wiping out something important on magnetic storage. I can't recall anybody posting about a problem or reading any news stories anywhere. So, maybe I have just been too cautious.

Has anybody had problems with their magnetic cap pens? I don't have a pacemaker and I'm not willing to put one (a pen, not a pacemaker) in my wife's purse to see if it wipes out her credit cards, so personal experimentation is out.

Ed

Dan Masshardt

Ed,

You might want to do a search as I recall some fairly extensive discussions in the past.

I'm not aware of any problem reports from the magnetic pens but I think you are wise to ask te question.

On a side note, people love the magnetic caps. Zen and vertex and graduate. It makes a rollerball / fountain pen more practical as a regular use pen, IMO.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I learned early on that it could erase a "car claim check" magnetic strip. But they were both in my shirt pocket for an entire day. That incident has stopped me from putting any magnetic media in my shirt pocket. I don't carry any specific pen for any length of time, so can't tell you what would happen with other mag media.

Ed

Top Bottom