Looking for a Wagner Texturing Tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tryt53

Is anybody looking to sell Wagner Texturing tool? Would like one for a bunch of charity tops I'm making. Contact me with what you want and what size it is.
Thanks, Tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert Taylor

For tops I use a home made "chatter" tool (made from a hacksaw blade) and or a home made "elf tool". I have the Ron Browns set of Wagner type tools but have never used them on tops. just my $.02

tryt53

For tops I use a home made "chatter" tool (made from a hacksaw blade) and or a home made "elf tool". I have the Ron Browns set of Wagner type tools but have never used them on tops. just my $.02
Thanks! I too have a homemade chatter tool, but wanted to see if I could get a little more variety in textures with the texturing tool, so still looking to add one to my tools :)

jrista

jrista

Peachtree has one that looks to be similar and cheaper if that is a factor for you.

This looks pretty close to the Wagner. If an alternative was to be used, I think this would do a better job replicating the patterns you can get with a Wagner, than the Sorby texturing tools, FWIW...

howsitwork

This looks pretty close to the Wagner. If an alternative was to be used, I think this would do a better job replicating the patterns you can get with a Wagner, than the Sorby texturing tools, FWIW...
Jon , If that's the specific type of tool that's wanted then try a metal work single knurling tool and make a handle for it.

Be aware it can be applying considerable side loading to the lathe as you use it though

Top Bottom