Leather Pen Holders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

These will hold pens and also allow allot of room for writing: The smaller one is 4-1/2 X 6, 132 sketch quality paper, 5-6 oz. black oiled leather, brown spine with blue jewel recessed in the center. The larger has 132 perforated sketch quality pages, red leather pen holster with antler embellishment. Journal - 5-4-10 Black 4X6 Blue Jeweled Brown Spine 2.jpg

Journal - 5-4-10 Black 4X6 Blue Jeweled Brown Spine 3.jpg

Journal - 5-4-10 Black 5X8 Red Pen Holster.jpg

Journal - 5-4-10 Black 5X8 Red Pen Holster 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

They are very nice John. My daughter may one day end up with one of your sketch books. She is really in to art. She is doing very well, if I do say so myself. She has actually placed in a couple of local shows. I'm not ready to buy one yet, but she would really go bonkers over those.

Very nice.

Jgrden

Do you bind with stiching or another method, perhaps mechanical?
The spines are hand stitched. On a 1/2 page there are eight pieces folded in half to make one signature. Usually five signatures will make a nice book with a 7/8 to 1" thickness. Then the signatures are stabbed with a awl to take the needle. The thread is waxed to make it easier. Then the tapes are applied to the work area to allow for the stitching to take place. After it is stitched and tied off it is put in to a vise and the book is squeezed and glued added to the spine. When done and dry, this spine will last for ever. Then on to the next step. I have used different size threads and different tapes for effect.
thanks for asking.

Jgrden

They are very nice John. My daughter may one day end up with one of your sketch books. She is really in to art. She is doing very well, if I do say so myself. She has actually placed in a couple of local shows. I'm not ready to buy one yet, but she would really go bonkers over those.

Very nice.
I have one your daughter will love. It is on the work bench, drying now. I finished the clasp and contrasting leather embellishment. It also has two little carriers that are credit card size. Tomorrow a pen holster needs to be added and then the leather has to be treated and polished.

Jgrden

Wow John, those are looking pretty darn good. I am soo glad you got away from the construction paper!:biggrin::biggrin:
Yeah, that stuff was tough to work with but good to practice on. The sketch paper is easy to fold, perforate, bind, glue and ink does not bleed. Thank you for noticing.

Top Bottom