Last weekend porch time.... Probably need another woodchuck.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from el_d

el_d

My youngest son Ishmael, is a total gamer. He could spend the whole day sitting in front of the boob tube if allowed. :mad: I've been on him for a while to find something else to occupy his time :knife:, something productive....... So after, Drawing, clay sculpting, and Ninja Training, he wanted to make his Mom a candle holder. :laugh:

THAT I know how to do..:bananen_smilies039:.. :biggrin:. We grabbed the bow saw and went out and cut a piece Mesquite. I chucked it up and removed the bark while explaining the do's and dont's of the lathe. Put his face shield down and handed him the woodchuck. He really loved it. He didnt spent a little time sanding and then we sprayed it with poly. He liked the fact that he could give it to his mom that same day....:RockOn:

Looks like I got to hide my woodchuck .......:hypnotized:

If he keeps at it he will be teaching me shortly........:redface:

Attachments

• Ishmael.jpg
    Ishmael.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Ishmael2.jpg
    Ishmael2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Candle.jpg
    Candle.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 271
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Lupe, That is absolutely awesome! Beautiful work! He has a great teacher. You are making memories that will be so cherished between you and your son.I hope he keeps it up. By the way, he's a handsome young man! Doc

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

That is so cool. I need to wait on my grandson to grow up. 3 is a little too young to play on a lathe. :frown:

el_d

Thanks Guys, Hes already asking if I can set him up to turn before I go to work. :rolleyes:..... and looking at my Ancient Amber and Saphire lucite. :redface:

Thanks Doc I agree with you he is a good looking young man, He got it from his Mama. She was into ALOT of sports so under that poofy shirt he's ripped like Bruce Lee. NOT from my side of the family....:redface:...When he was 7 he would do pushups while standing on his hands, Part of his Ninja training...:biggrin:

I can remember waking up at 3 in the morning to feed him and we would both watch "Bikini Carwash" on TV, its the only thing that would settle him down. :biggrin: They grow up fast.....

pianomanpj

Thanks Guys, Hes already asking if I can set him up to turn before I go to work. :rolleyes:..... and looking at my Ancient Amber and Saphire lucite. :redface:

Thanks Doc I agree with you he is a good looking young man, He got it from his Mama. She was into ALOT of sports so under that poofy shirt he's ripped like Bruce Lee. NOT from my side of the family....:redface:...When he was 7 he would do pushups while standing on his hands, Part of his Ninja training...:biggrin:

I can remember waking up at 3 in the morning to feed him and we would both watch "Bikini Carwash" on TV, its the only thing that would settle him down. :biggrin: They grow up fast.....

Or maybe you were just too distracted to notice!!! :eek::wink::rolleyes:

Lenny

Lupe, that is GREAT!!!!
My son was 25 when I gave him his first lesson. :eek::)
Really wish I had encouraged him sooner! My Dad let me loose when I was around 10 or 12. You NEVER forget that first lesson! :)

el_d

Thanks Guys, He has plans to do some turning this weekend. His sister wants one....

Also A BIG thanks to Charlie for the lasering of an Anniversary present I gave to my wife. Nice Cutting Charlie. ( Sol Azul sign in the background).

19 Years is Acrylic Right????

Last edited:
Top Bottom