King Size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Gary Max

Several folks have asked about the beds that I make.
Here's what a kingsize bed looks like getting started.
Each piece is hand turned on a lathe---Powermatic 4224---I can get just over 8 foot on the bed.
I have to get done this coming week. We have a couple of shows the end of March.
I already have the frame built.
Just thought you might get a kick out of a pic.

Attachments

• turningbed.jpg
    turningbed.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 410
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

That pic was taken today. If you want to see some of our beds you can check out the web site.
Pics are crowded we keep ruuning out of space to store (display) stuff.
This will be the 5th king size bed that I have made.

Pen Maker

What is it that your turning here? Fence posts, mailbox poles? I'd be give out just loading the work on it.

Gary Max

Man I wish you lived closer, I would love to have one of your king size frames. I went to your website and those are just awesome.

Rob you folks are welcome to stop in any time. I am 110 miles south of Lexington Ky. The sales pitch used to be "The Coffees always on" but with higher utility cost we are serveing coffee from 4:00am to 6:00am.
After that we would have to make a fresh pot. :rolleyes:

Gary Max

Folks ---thanks for all the kind words. The stuff you see on the web site is 10 hard years of work.
I truly understand why there are so few people left doing this kinda work for a living.
Oh don't tell anyone
Making pens pays better than building beds and they are a whole bunch easier to haul around.

woodale

Really great stuff Gary and Margie! So, about those barretts, a friend gave me a handfull of the spring clips a few years ago and I've never been able to figure out how to attach them to a piece of wood so they will stay. Can you share how it is done???
Thanks,
Dale

Gary Max

Thanks everyone for the positive responce.
Dale ---we use 2 part epoxy---the one that drys slow. To hold the barrett in place till the epoxy drys---clothes pin on each end works perfect.

Top Bottom