Just made 36 of these...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pfbarney

pfbarney

I've made a few of these for my wife and her quilting friends, but a few weeks ago we were contacted by a museum gift shop that wanted to sell my seam rippers. After a little back and forth, we agreed on price and colors and I cranked out six of each color you see here. I also did six double ended models with the stiletto for a total of 42 seam rippers. Hopefully I won't be making anymore for a few days.:beat-up:

5046732_orig.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

Ok.. so am I the only one curious to ask what kind of a price you arrived at? Feel free to ignore if you do not want to share, but I am always curious. I have not sold anything, and may not, I give pretty much everything as gifts, but helps me to put a value on things. Of course I am sure you gave them a quantity price, so that would have to be considered as well. :)

pfbarney

Thanks for the compliments.

Typically I sell the single sided for $25 and the double ended for $30. With this being a large quantity order I gave a fairly substantial discount so they could come closer to meeting their profit margin as well and I could get my foot in the door.

I don't have a template or anything. I will say I have made a lot of these for my wife and her quilting friends, so I'm pretty used to the motions.

pfbarney

Are the kits from PSI ?

Yes, those are the kits from PSI.

BTW....Something that took me by surprise a couple of years ago was one of the young ladies I work with asked for a purple seam ripper...I told her I didn't know that she sewed. She said she doesn't sew, but she uses a seam ripper to remove her hair weave. She has loved having a larger handled seam ripper to use but has had to fight off her friends to keep them from stealing it. I have wondered what the potential is for a different marketing approach.

Top Bottom