i think there called gauges.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

gauges, tunnels, whatever they're called. you see some of the 'kids' these days stretching out there ear lobes. not my cup of tea but there is obviously a market for them. made these for a co-worker to give to a friend of hers.
these are small ones. 3/4" diameter.

cheers
marc.

Attachments

• 100_5832.jpg
    100_5832.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 213

CrimsonKeel

what wood is that? with gauges you need to be careful to use woods that wont cause an allergic reaction. it looks a lot like cocobolo so if it is I would make a new pair from something else.

Sorry edit: they look really good

robutacion

Yes, I was going to call your attention to the issue CrimsonKeel brought up...!

I supply a few guys doing these sort of "earrings", I myself find the idea ridiculous and I have asked a few of the guys I say with them, what they really represent and or, what is the "statement" they are trying to give but, none of them had an answer for me, apart from the fact that, "the girls like it" according to them...!

OK so, everyone now knows that I don't like it but, I still make them aware that, they can get some very nasty allergies if those "things" are made with many of the woods out there that are carcinogenic/poisonous in some form.

There is only one wood species that, I would recommend as the most appropriate/less dangerous, and that is the Olive wood, coated with pure Olive oil as the finishing and maintenance product.

It can be Olive tree wood, Olive root or Wild Olive tree wood, no stabilization or anything added to it, raw Olive wood smoothed up the best possible and coated with Olive oil. In fact, burnishing the wood if not to dry, is all it needs as the natural oils still present in the wood, will polish very nicely into the surface, making it look like satin....!

Please, take all this into consideration, if you want to make some of those, for people to use...!

My intent is of constructive criticism, only...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Cheers
George

Top Bottom