Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Katsin

Katsin

Still trying to improve my leatherworking skills:

journal03a.jpg

journal03b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

What did you use to sew the edges? Does not look like and average house hold sewing singer would do this. What are the pages made of, are they pads that you buy and replace or are they hand sewn, glued by yourself.
Curious in Cal.

Katsin

What did you use to sew the edges? Does not look like and average house hold sewing singer would do this. What are the pages made of, are they pads that you buy and replace or are they hand sewn, glued by yourself.
Curious in Cal.

John:

It was hand sewn in the Al Stohlman style. Took about 15 feet of thread to do the sewing but it should hold forever.

I had picked up some journals at a discount when Borders liquidated but they are very hard to squeeze in so I am keeping my eye out for something that fits better. I have a few ideas on how to make journal fitting work better next attempt.

Katsin

Man, keep it up. Is that 6 oz., finished, oiled cowhide?

John:

It was 6 oz veg tanned leather. Pretty thick stuff. I will go a bit thinner next time and I can probably save a bit of money if I avoid veg-tan when not doing tooling. Lessons learned.

Thank you for the kind compliments. I'm in awe of stuff I see on Leatherworker.net and on the net in general. I don't feel that my first efforts measure up to any of that.

Miles42

Well done, it is interesting to see what others have made. There is money to be made in well done leather products.

Jgrden

Great work Katsin. WOW !!! I finished three journals in the past two days but I am not going to show them next to yours.

Katsin

Justturnin:

No plans to sell any leatherwork in the near future. Perhaps one day if I improve enough.

John:

I've seen some of your journals on here before and they look great. Post em.

Jgrden

It is fun. Takes your mind off the pens for a while. I am in a pen makers block. Cannot make a decent pen for the life of me and needed a diversion.

Top Bottom