Johnnie Jarheaded left us for good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nava1uni

I am sorry for your loss. Your brother John was always kind and willing to share his knowledge with me. I also have some blanks of his that I will turn with him in mind. May the journey to Az take care of you and your family. I hope that all of his loved ones find comfort in knowing what a good man he was and that your memories will sustain you all through this difficult period.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mather323

I did a blank swap with Johnnie and he sent me my box and it had 3 pieces of corian along with the the wood blanks. The corian was red white and blue. I told him that I was using his corian to make some red white and blue pens for every scout who became the senior partol leader in my Boy Scout troop. He was so impressed that he sent me another box of just red white and blue corian for the Boy Scout with out being asked. It will be with great pride that I will give out the last 4 pens over the next two years. This was just one of my experiences with Johnnie.

Michael Conway

SuperDave

No words to convey my feelings.

Johnnie took the time to privately encourage me regarding my Marine son leaving for Iraq. He made himself available 24/7 anytime I needed to talk. It is bittersweet to learn that the very same day my Marine son returned home safe and sound to his family, my Marine friend left one home for another.

I am saddened that I never got to tell him that my son made it home, but something tells me that, like a Marine, he hung around long enough, just to make sure. A Marines Marine to the end.

Semper Fi my friend, and God speed.

Hosspen

Neil, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. You all are in our prayers during this tough time. I was impressed with your brother as a fine man with all dealings I had with him through this forum and know you are proud to have him as your brother. He will not be forgotten.
God Bless you and yours!

td

Banned
Nothing can replace the loss of a twin, but you know you'll always hear him in your heart. Sending prayers for your entire family.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I was shocked when I saw how many people responded with prayers. Thank you everyone. The service is going to be on Thursday since we are waiting for several members of the Corps to fly in from their posts. I can't tell you how much this thread means to me. My family is a mess right now, but we are pulling it together slowly, this whole thing was a real shock to us all. We knew he was sicker than he let on, but didn't know how sick. That was the way he did things, always kept things to himself and never showed any sign of weakness. I guess it is the way we were brought up and lived our whole life. Thanks again for all the prayers.

bruce119

Neil

I was away for the weekend I had no idea. I am in shock so sorry for your and our lose. I considered Johnnie a good & close friend we communicated many times traded many items. Oh My God when you went over to Iraq I sent a large package to send to you. He was always so generous I feel I lost a good friend. Last I heard he had back surgery and I was looking forward to emailing him again.

My prayers are with you and your family with this terrible lose. We lost a good friend and a good member of the community.

God be with you
Bruce

dntrost

Neil,
Very saddened by the news please know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My father is a retired E9 and Johnny's handle always reminds me of my father who was very proud of his service as I knew Johnny was. SEMPER FI! And god bless you all.

medemt

Neil,

While I did not know Johnny, I read many of his posts. I knew from being a retired Marine that he had served in the Corps just by ssing his member name. MY sincerest sympathy to all of your family. It is a testimony to how people felt about him when you read all these posts.

As one of our old Cadence chants goes: "And when I get to heaven, St Peter I will tell, another Marine reporting sir ....."

I believe he has reported to his final duty station.

Dan

Tuba707

I am saddened to hear of your loss. I had not talked to Johnnie for quite some time, but in our past interactions I could tell he was really a stand-up guy. My prayers are with you and your family, esp. with the service tomorrow.

sbell111

I'm sorry for your loss.

We lost my brother to cancer in Spring '07. I wish that I could tell you that time makes it OK, but you'd know that I was lying.

ESwindell

Neil,
I am so very sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. My prayers are with you and his family.
God Bless,
Eric

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone again for all the kind words. Many members of my family and a lot of friends read this and were brought to tears reading it. He lived a good life and lived it as he chose. He will be watching out for us all, as he always did. Semper Fi Johnnie

Top Bottom