Johnnie Jarheaded left us for good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is being typed with a lot of tears so I'm going to keep this short . Johnnie passed away late Wednesday night after a long battle with injuries and cancer. We will be going to our home in Arizona today where he will be placed on our ranch. It has been a rough fight for him and for the family, but like the Marine he will always be, he went out fighting. He is my identical twin and my best friend and I am going to miss the hell out of having him here with me. May he finally find some peace.

I am going to be off line for a while but thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Verne

Neil,
I am so shocked and saddened by your loss.
Be assured that you and yours will be in our prayers.
Vern

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your brother. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

jttheclockman

Neil

Please accept my sympathies as well. The one thing about forums like this is you become a family and the more we share with others the stronger the family ties become. We may have never met each other physically but in a way we have and for this we all feel the pain. To loose someone close is always so hard and when they say time heals all, well it may on the surface but deep down the pain lingers. But you will always have the great memories and we must hang onto those. So again sorry for your loss.

VisExp

Neil, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't help but think of your signature line and know that Johnny also lived his life the way he wanted to. You and your family are in my thoughts.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Neil
We have exchanged e-mails and ideas with Johnnie. He always impressed me.

We will miss him.

May your God grant you the strength to overcome this challenge.

JimB

Neil, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. When I first started turning earlier this year Johnnie took the time to PM about a question I had. That turned into a series of emails between us where he gave me detailed explanations about how to do things, mostly about finishing. Although I never met him in person or spoke to him on the phone Johnnie taught me more about making a pen than anyone else. There's a little bit of Johnnie in every pen I make.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I am sorry for your loss Neil . I can't put into words how much I admired Johnnie . He went out of his way to help me with a few things that others might not do . When money was short and I really needed a bandsaw , he sent me a PM with an offer that really helped me out . He had some certificates printed for me , and wouldn't accept a payment . I think I will go to the shop today , and propose a toast to Johnnie and Neil . Here's to a great person .

Steve Busey

I've got one of Johnnie's blanks on the bench drilled out and ready to glue up. He was a joy to work with as he made me some custom blanks a while back. He'll be missed.

Matt 5:4

Daniel

Neil, My heart is breaking, Both for you, your family and all of his friends and loved one. I am counted in that number after this past summer. I have had a lot of opportunities to talk with Johnnie both online and and on the phone. I have developed a real since of who he is and just how much we are alike. He has been such a great friend through the walnut buy, drill bit buy and pretty much every project I have gotten started lately. I am so sorry and will miss him terribly. My prayers of course are with all of you. Take care and know that although I am not there in person I am certainly there in spirit.

DocStram

I'm so sorry to hear that Johnnie left the planet. I always enjoyed exchanging pms with him. He was a stand up guy ..... a man of his word. We hope you're able to come back to the forum, Neil. I'll be praying for his soul.

Fred

Neil, be assured that your best friend is now at rest watching over you and his loving family.

Your loss is definitely felt throughout the IAP community and we offer you and your family our condolences.

Semper Fi, Johnny! Carry On, Marine ... :usflag:

MobilMan

Neil, sorry to hear about you're great loss. Ours also. Didn't know him but will miss his posts & pics. At least he's is God's hands now & no suffering. For those dear to him & all his friends, just feel lucky you had the opportunity to know him while he was here & all good times together. It saddens all of us to hear this & hope you & the rest of the family can get back to normal [as you can] very soon.

drayman

neil, its such a terrible thing to lose anyone so close. i salute him, and all is loved ones, family and friends. god bless johnny, you will be sadly missed.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Neil, I don't know what to say. Please know that this leaves a hole in my heart. Johnnie was a great guy, and helped me a lot off and on the forum. He will be missed terribly.

Timbo

Neil, I'm very sorry to hear of this lost to you and your family. I certainly agree with others that it's also our loss. I loss my younger sister about 4 years ago....I did get past the pain. You will too. Be strong...and hope to see you back soon.

Tim

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's terrible news Neil. I feel for his family and also for the youngsters in his class. I hope they are fortunate to get another role model of his calibre. I know they will miss him too.

Top Bottom