Johnnie Jarheaded left us for good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Neil - My sincere condolences. Johnnie was a great man and an asset to our community here. We exchanged numerous emails and I always greatly appreciated his straight talk.

PR_Princess

Neil, in my all too short-lived correspondences with Johnnie, he was always a true gentleman. It seems like only yesterday that he was chuckling about the thought of having your ID on him when he went snake hunting. This news of his passing brings on a great shock and, an even greater sadness to me. Though, I do not believe that any one of us can begin to comprehend the true depths of your loss, I do hope that your special memories will allow you some comfort.

You and your family will be in my thoughts now, and in the days to come. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Last edited:

DocStram

Damn ..... you can't help but cry while reading these posts. There's a twin brother without his best friend ..... a ranch in Arizona where there's going to be a family full of sadness ..... and a whole lot of IAP members who's lives were touched by one tough marine. I hope Johnnie knows how much we appreciated him as a human being.

bitshird

Neil, I'm very sorry to hear about Johnnie, I've missed his postings lately, but the few emails we exchanged I really liked the guy, his passing will be honored Semper Fi

M

Mudder

Neil,

I'm so sorry to hear of Johnnie's passing. I've never met him but we exchanged a few emails and I will miss him an awful lot. You hang in there and let me know it there is anything that I can do.

Scott

tim self

Semper Fi, one more guard in heaven. My condolences for you and your family. I lost a brother 12 years ago but it gets easier. Prayers for you and yours.

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Damn Neil,
I have been blindsided. I'll miss Johnnie's postings and wish I could have met him. As his twin, you'll just have to be twice the character you are. I can't begin to imagine your loss. Thinking of you and your family. Carry on soldier.
Alton

fiferb

Neil, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God must be building the best force of guardian angels because he's only bringing home the very best.

Neil,
I'm so shocked!! Johnny was a wonderful guy and he will be missed by all of us on this forum. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

flyingmelon

I didn't get to know him but reading the posts it seems like that is a great misfortune. I hope that your family feels the prayers that are being sent their way and that if a man is measured by the friends he has then he was a great man.

karlkuehn

Banned
Neil, I just logged in and my heart broke. I counted J as my closest friend on IAP.

Even after your last email, I didn't know it had gotten so bad. He was always offering to come over and help with all the stuff I needed help with. Now I'm sorry I didn't take him up on those offers, because I never got to meet him. His no-holds-barred attitude got me through some tough times, and he always made me laugh just when I needed it. My tears are running freely for a noble friend that I didn't appreciate enough, not knowing how short our time was.

I can't breathe, I can't imagine what you're going through. He loved you so much, man. While you were deployed, he talked to me all the time about you. Please get in touch with me when you get home.

Bury him with the dignity he deserves.

Semper Fidelis, Johnnie. You gave me more than I can ever repay.

Poppy

Neil, like the others I am shocked and saddened at this news, I also have exchanged emails with Johnnie and I have a couple of his blanks left and one of them will never be sold but once it is turned it will be kept as a remembrance of him.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

rdunn12

Neil,

I am saddened to hear of your loss.Johnny had replied to some of my posts and he won a donation I had in a raffle for JohnnyCNC.He e-mailed me and told me that what he had won,he was going to give back to Johnnycnc.And I knew at that moment he was a stand up guy.I don't know what else to say as I am deeply saddened by this.Take care,we are praying for you and your family.

Ronald

les-smith

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I appreciated Johnie's input here on the IAP. Our family will have you in our prayers tonight that you will all come through this a gentle as possible.

cozee

My heart and prayers go out to you and your families. I will be honored to pull guard duty with him when I meet him.

As a tribute to Johnny, I ask that all please listen to Taps, a warrior's final tribute. Though no official words were ever penned, here is one popular version:

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the hills, from the lake,
From the sky.
All is well, safely rest,
God is nigh.

Go to sleep, peaceful sleep,
May the soldier or sailor,
God keep.
On the land or the deep,
Safe in sleep.

Love, good night, Must thou go,
When the day, And the night
Need thee so?
All is well. Speedeth all
To their rest.

Fades the light; And afar
Goeth day, And the stars
Shineth bright,
Fare thee well; Day has gone,
Night is on.

Thanks and praise, For our days,
'Neath the sun, Neath the stars,
'Neath the sky,
As we go, This we know,
God is nigh.

Semper Fi bro!!!!!!

SkewedUp

I still have several pen blanks from Johnnie that I've been waiting until I could figure out the right pen kit to use with them. They will have special meaning now when I do turn them.

I had a few e-mail conversations with Johnnie and could tell he was a special person. He will be missed.

My sincere condolences Neil.

igran7

I am so very sorry for your loss.
Johnnie was an icon here at IAP, he will surely be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

M

monkeynutz

Speechless... Just speechless... :frown:

We are all gonna miss him around here. Prayers up for your family.

B727phixer

So Sorry Neil,
Your brother will be missed by us all. I will remember Johnnie as a very generous, No BS guy.
May God Bless you and your family as you go on.

Top Bottom