Inspired by Beck3906's post--?'s on MT storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

Just read the thread that Beck 3906 started showing his beautiful shop and storage systems, so I am inspired to do better--I have quite a few Morse taper 'tools' and so far I have just taken a piece of 4x4 and drilled some appropriately sized holes, but often one of the tapers sticks in the block, and is real PITA to get it out, without tipping others over or out of the block--so I am looking for input on how you folks go about storing your morse taper items??

All feedback/recommends appreciated--Thanks, Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

I just use the old wood table that my lathe is bolted to. I drilled holes along one end of the table & set my morse taper tools in them. Works well. Never gets stuck & no issues with the block turning over while pulling a tool out. :)

dogcatcher

I used a piece of 1x12 that is about 18" long. On each end is a piece of 2x4 for height. Then I drilled holes for the tooling pieces to sit in, I can pick up the hole set up for cleaning under the stand.

csr67

I have a small shelf directly behind my lathe. I simply drilled a few holes with a large forstner bit. It easily holds my MT2 stuff and CA finishing supplies.

Alex D

I've found that the screwdriver holders for pegboard fit most of my MT tools. I have a section of pegboard on the wall behind my lathe where I keep all of my MT tools with the exception of my dead center. That is the only one that falls through the screwdriver holder.

Cheers,
Alex

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Way to store Morse Taper items

Just read the thread that Beck 3906 started showing his beautiful shop and storage systems, so I am inspired to do better--I have quite a few Morse taper 'tools' and so far I have just taken a piece of 4x4 and drilled some appropriately sized holes, but often one of the tapers sticks in the block, and is real PITA to get it out, without tipping others over or out of the block--so I am looking for input on how you folks go about storing your morse taper items??

All feedback/recommends appreciated--Thanks, Don

I took a circle of MDF and drilled appropriately sized holes around it in two different circular diameters and drilled a hole in the center for a pivot. Made a stand out of a dowel with a hole gun drilled for it's length. Made this into a Lazy susan type holder to hold morse taper items, drill chuck key, knock out bar, pen tube insertion tool and the like . Nice and handy for me. Never had one stuck but if it did you could just push it out from the bottom since the bottoms are accessible.

Top Bottom