Where to get Precision MT#2 Driver?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

I'm looking for this:
Precision MT#2 Driver
this is prerequisite for Rick Herrell's sanding mill.
beartoothwoods is currently out of that. Maybe you know another supplier? I tried to google it but with no success.
Thanks a lot

You do not need the MT#2 Driver!

Rick's Sanding Mill chucks into a regular chuck, or a collet chuck. His sanding mill's "post" is the same size as an "A" mandrel, which is sized for turning 7mm pens. That way, you can slide a 7mm brass tube with turned blank directly onto the sanding mill post to square the ends. If you use different size pen tubes, then you can make adapters to sand bigger pens. You do that by gluing a 7mm tube into a piece of wood or other material (I use Corian or acrylic for toughness), and turning until your adapter slides into your larger pen tube, such as a 10mm, or a 27/64", or whatever. If you do not have adapters, the pen blank you are trimming will not fit smoothly onto the post of the sanding mill, and will wobble.

If you go look at Rick's product info, his picture shows his mandrel mounted in a Beall collet chuck.

By the way, I have one, they work great.

Last edited:

KenV

I stick mine into a 3/8 drill chuck that came off a drill when I upgraded to a keyless chuck. Makes a good handle for those final touches!!! The ones that assure a perfect fit.

Plus what Lee said.

Top Bottom