I was able to finish this pen after the catastrophe in the shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lew

After my shop flooded, I had to spend quite a bit of time drying everything out and repairing the plumbing that was broken. So far, everything looks ok but we'll see how it is in a few weeks/months. Anyway, here is a pen that I just finished. I copied the idea from someone else here (sorry, I don't remember who). This is not as good as the one I remember but I'm pleased with it. I also got a new light box and was able to take some good photos although I have to watch out for the dust that showed up on the pen in the picture. The wood is bleached wenge and the colors I used were red, green and honey brown from Transtint; the kit is a gunmetal Gatsby from PSI.

Attachments

• pen colored wenge.jpg
    pen colored wenge.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 114
  • pen colored wenge 2.jpg
    pen colored wenge 2.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 113
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Looks good but lose the prop. Does nothing for photo. Sorry about the flooding. Had a shop flood once when the sump pump burned out and did not sump any more. Not pretty.

Reactions: Lew

Woodchipper

Very nice pen.
Story: Friends were in vacation had an pipe burst on the second or third day- pipe was between the ceiling and second floor. Son went to check on the house and discovered the flood. OK, insurance would handle the damage but...when they tore out the damaged items, it was discovered that there was structure weakness that had to be fixed before restoration could continue. Engineer said a heavy snow would collapse the roof! So, the moral of the story is turn off the water before you leave for a length of time and turn off the water heater.

Reactions: Lew
Top Bottom