I hate finials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joey-Nieves

Here I am making a finial pen, the kind you put on your desk, and I was almost done so I said to it;
" Khan . . . [mockingly]. . . I'm laughing at the "superior intellect." [voice dissolves into an inaudible chuckle]"
and it broke and said;
I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on . . . hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me. As you left her. Marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet . . . buried alive . . . [voice drops to a menacing whisper] . . . buried alive.
an I said:
[exploding with rage, able to stand no more] KHHHHAAAAAAAAN!!!

I hate finials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

99% of kit pens made have a finial .... I don't understand the issue here ?????

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh, but when the finial doesn't bury itself in the scraps... Almost as good as the movie (Wrath of Khan - Star Trek II). Love that movie...

Khan talking to Admiral Kirk...

Better stop while I'm behind... :wink::tongue::wink:

Oh, sorry to disagree; I love custom finials (when they fit right!).

jsolie

Oh, sorry to disagree; I love custom finials (when they fit right!).

It's even more frustrating when, after you've parted off that beautiful finished finial, and you find it doesn't quite fit - then while you're doing manual modifications to get it to fit, the finial decides that it needs to be on the floor somewhere never to be found again. I really don't like it when they escape at this point. :frown: :redface: :tongue:

philipff

If you make a NR2 MT out of a hard wood and mount a 3/8in router bearing inside a recess you cut with a drill bit, add a bit of epoxy glue to the outside surface and in a few minutes you will have a rotating bearing that will stabilize every pointed object you mount between centers, including your finials. Just be sure to use a live center to make sure the bearing is inline, and there is no glue inside the bearing. P.

Joey-Nieves

Read the original post again. The OP is making a "desk pen" or maybe a "stick pen" or a long "finial" pen and it broke in the process.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Virgil is correct, but the thread was for blowing off steam in a humorous way. Everybody shared there individual experience and I must say that I found out that I'm not alone when it comes to dropping things or paring off small pieces. I also got some good advice, good thinggy center(although a picture wouldn't hurt) and found some fellow trekkers.
All in all a good thread
Thanks

Top Bottom