Hi from Oregon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SawdustJim

Hi all,
My name is Jim and I've been a wood worker for quite a while but never turned a pen until a couple of months ago when a co-worker introduced me to the craft. What a lot of fun! I was amazed at all the great turners and the wealth of knowledge that is here and am looking forward to learning from you all.

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Eddie

Hi Jim,

I just joined today and noticed youre in the portland area as well!

Looks like you have had quite the career in woodworking. Im still pretty new (just got started over the last couple years) and very new to the lathe and pen turning.

Where abouts in Portland are you?
My family and I live on the westside and I work on the east side of the river.

SawdustJim

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It makes me feel right at home.

Hi Eddie, we live in the SW (Garden Home) but my shop is in Tigard

Jim

Eddie

Jim

Thats awesome, we are in Tigard off of Scholls Ferry and I used to work in Multnomah Villiage.
Great to know there are other woodworkers nearby.

I picked up woodworking just out of my own curiosity and dont know anyone nearby that has experience woodworking. So I have learned pretty much everything through trial/error and lumberjocks.com (and look forward to learning a ton here)

What caused the transition to working with leather? (your stuff is beautiful by the way)

TLTHW

Jim

Thats awesome, we are in Tigard off of Scholls Ferry and I used to work in Multnomah Villiage.
Great to know there are other woodworkers nearby.

I picked up woodworking just out of my own curiosity and dont know anyone nearby that has experience woodworking. So I have learned pretty much everything through trial/error and lumberjocks.com (and look forward to learning a ton here)

What caused the transition to working with leather? (your stuff is beautiful by the way)

Hi Jim and Eddie,

Guess I am the southern point on this compass. I am in Tigard just off Duram and Hall.

Bet we have passed each other at Woodcraft. lol

Eddie

Hi Jim and Eddie,

Guess I am the southern point on this compass. I am in Tigard just off Duram and Hall.

Bet we have passed each other at Woodcraft. lol

You are probably right. I am a THS alum, so ive spent a lot of time in your neighborhood.

SawdustJim

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes!
[/QUOTE]

Hi Jim and Eddie,

Bet we have passed each other at Woodcraft. lol[/QUOTE]

This is really funny! My shop is about 1/2 block east of Hall and I work part time at Woodcraft! I would be surprised if our paths haven't crossed.

[/QUOTE]
What caused the transition to working with leather? (your stuff is beautiful by the way)[/QUOTE]

Woodworking as a profession can be really hard on you physically. After 30 yrs it was time to leave it to the younger guys.

Jim

Top Bottom