Hello from Acworth, GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pfbarney

Greetings everyone. I just joined a few days ago and have really enjoyed looking through all the different forums and the Library. Tons of good information for a new pen turner like myself. I was led here by omb76 after running into him at Rockler. Thanks Dave!

I just started turning since Christmas so I am brand new to it, but I have really been enjoying it. I've picked up tools and accessories from all of the local wood working shops; Excelsior lathe from Rockler, chucks from Woodcraft, turning tools from Peachtree Woodworking and even a turning class with Hal Simmons down at Highland. I've seen it said on here several times that it is a black hole that sucks you in and I have to agree.

The picture is the pen and pencil set I carry at work. It's not the first pens I made, but they appeal to me the most of what I've done so far.

Turning and Learning,
Paul

Attachments

• phpx5TGluAM.jpg
    phpx5TGluAM.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 80
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pfbarney

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Gary, I'm hoping to make the meeting in March. I know it's the same weekend as the Wood Show and some friends and I were planning to go, so I'll have to see how it works out. I'm hoping to do both.

ctubbs

Welcome Paul, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. When you have a question, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

Top Bottom