Hello from Eric in OK!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm new to this site, have been on other sites for years and got an invite here since I like turning pens. I have to say, this is quite a site! I have learned a lot from you all already and all I've done is read the "Library". Some great tutorials there. I am a regular participant over at the WOOD magazine forum. Looking forward to getting to know some of you better and to definitely learn form you. You guys are really great at this!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dbruner

Welcome from Plano Texas...I'm a transplant from Owasso...my Grandparents used to live at the Indian Springs Country Club out there...

DAX

ctubbs

Welcome Eric, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

ALA

Welcome from Virginia! I've only been here for a short while my self. Be forwarned! It can be very addictive! :good:

randywa

Hello all, sure, bring on the Broken Arrow story,
Ted, howdy, thanks again for the invite, love this place.

When I was in 5th or 6th grade, around 1974 or 75, I found a pair of balloons with a note attached, in my Granddad's field. It was released by someone in Broken Arrow. I'll have to find their name next time at Dad's. The balloons traveled about 180 miles. It was pretty fascinating to a kid.

Top Bottom