Forum Performance - PLEASE CHECK IN!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Are you on planet Earth? Then I'd like to hear from you!

What's your opinion on the performance of our site?

1. Where in the world are you?
  2. Things seem snappy? Pages load quickly?
  3. If you experience slowdowns, what time of day do they happen?
  4. What type of connection are you on? Broadband? Dialup? Cellular? Satellite?
THANKS!!

Jim15

From the Cincinnati area of Ohio things are working great. I have broadband (Warner Cable). I am using a Mac Air and a HP desktop with windows 7 (I think).

sparhawk

I live in Robertsdale Alabama and I always seem to have good connection and speed. Even at work(Mobile, Al. ) I don't think I have ever had problems. Of course now that I have said that I probably won't be able to get on the site till after the Bash! Oh and I am on DSL.(Centurylink)

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Outside Raleigh, NC. No issues experienced in a while. Internet access through DSL using tablet and PC. IPhone access through Tapatalk.

TOF

In Florida with broadband connection. Things are slow in the evenings. Sometimes I just leave the site all together because I cannot get anything to load. Sometimes its photos that do not load and other times the pages themselves do not load.

tbroye

In Sacramento, Califronia

Sometime it is slow but then all the site are slow
Seems to be about the time people are getting to work in different time zones.
I have ATT Uversese, braoadband at time it is ATT's fault
The site is fine right snappy and fast. but it is 1830 her and and people on the far coast are getting ready for bed.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
1-25-15 At 11:15pm I was trying to post in the Classified and the site was so slow I though t it would time out. THe pictures in the ad took forever to load.

Last edited:

markgum

Littleton, CO.
Broadband with Comcast
never had any issues.
THANK YOU Jeff for the work you do in keeping this site moving.

magpens

I am on the Pacific coast of Canada. Broadband. I don't ever have any problem with this website being slow.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Here in Hampton, VA broadband (Cox Cable) on my tablet and desktop no major problems...sometimes a bit slow early morning 5 am or so and some late night after 11 pm. I also use my Samsung s3 with no real problems. This site loads much faster then others I visit.

The Penguin

Houston, TX
U-verse
Firefox w/adblock

only issue I have regularly - pictures seem to take a while to load. Like - 10-15 seconds or more.

And as ladycop mentioned - it would be nice to have a "next" button on each photo so you can easily scroll to next photo.

SteveG

What's your opinion on the performance of our site? Excellent
Where in the world are you?Kauai
Things seem snappy? Pages load quickly?Quick!
If you experience slowdowns, what time of day do they happen? NO Slow.
What type of connection are you on? Broadband? Dialup? Cellular? Satellite? Broadband

...And lovin' it all the time! :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Houston area - Comcast at work & Uverse at home.
Both work just fine with no performance issues.

I use a Mac Airbook.

Whenever I do have slowdowns, it's almost always a general browser/memory cache issue. I usually have 6-10 apps open at once, multiple documents in each and up to 40 or more browser windows & tabs. If things start slowing down, I start closing browser windows & tabs until performance improves & sometimes have to restart some apps as well -- Excel is a big problem in that regard. About once a month or so I might have to reboot the computer to clean things out enough.

I can't say that I ever have any more issues with IAP than anything else.

Charlie_W

Jeff, lately,the site runs beautifully during the day but after dinner, ....slow as molasses going uphill backwards in the wintertime. Slow to view different threads or load new posts...clicking on a show off your pens pic......sometimes I just put my iPad down and watch tv. Sometimes my iMac is slow too. Other sites load fine and quickly.
Northern Virginia, Verizon Fios, wireless router, Safari or Chrome...no difference.

Wish list: I would like to see a home button at the bottom of the thread so I don't have to scroll back to the top to click home again...every time.

Thanks for all you do and having such a great place for us old kids to hang out!

bobleibo

I'm 20 miles outside of Salt Lake City (excitement capitol of the world)
I've never had any problems with the speed of this site, pages load very fast
I'm on Comcast cable.

wob50

Independence LA Charter cable. 66 Mbps pages load fast no slow downs, but my tablet, is a old one trying to get PC fixed was on dads computer that was fast. Pages load almost as fast as typing them.

jcm71

Chattanooga, TN; site usually loads fast with no problems. Broadband connection. When it loads slowly, due tuneup on the Apple and it works fast. Loading on the iPad is always slower, even with wifi.

mmyshrall

Spokane, WA on a Comcast cable connection is working just fine and I have not seen any performance issues recently.

BSea

Little Rock, Arkansas

Macbook Pro
Att Uverse
Chrome
Normally no problems, but sometimes pages load slowly. But that's all sites, not just this one. I suspect it's an ATT issue.

Cmiles1985

Are you on planet Earth? Then I'd like to hear from you!

What's your opinion on the performance of our site?

1. Where in the world are you? South Texas (Corpus Christi)
  2. Things seem snappy? Pages load quickly? They do load rather quickly
  3. If you experience slowdowns, what time of day do they happen? I haven't noticed any slowdowns other than viewing on my cellular device (iPhone) in certain areas of the refinery where service is sketchy anyways
  4. What type of connection are you on? Broadband? Dialup? Cellular? Satellite?At home: broadband; elsewhere: cellular.
THANKS!!
See replies in blue :)

jsolie

0. I have been on Earth every day of my life. :biggrin:
1. Murrieta in Southern California
2. Things seems snappy most of the time and page load time is fine.
3. I haven't noticed any slow downs on the site. Slow downs on my part, no comment.
4. I have FIOS with a fairly decent download speed since my wife streams movies and I have two boys at home who play online games with friends.

PR_Princess

1) Office - Racine WI
2) IAP loads at least quickly as other sites, often more quickly
3) Shutdowns and slowdowns do happen, but is internet wide when they do (Usually provider or local equipment related - see #4)
4) Wireless Broadband

1a) Home - Sturtevant WI (boonies)
2a) IAP generally loads quickly, the same or better than other sites
3a) Shutdowns are virtually non existent.
4a) AT & T Hotspot (Which Ed highly recommends - as his son works there)

I have not noticed any page load issues specific to the IAP. (But can you do something about Facebook please? :) )

And I do currently reside on planet Earth, but on occasion have been told that I am a space cadet. :alien:

Top Bottom